PDA

View Full Version : how much to charge for this detail?

bender
06-08-2005, 04:37 PM
2002 jeep wrangler

The paint has already been detailed so i don`t need to do anything to it. The wheelwells and undercarriage are very muddy/dirty and the engine is the same way. The interior is very dirty and hairy (dog). Also, the plastic trim pieces that surround the car are dried out and white (old wax) which i`ll need to fix. What should i charge for this work? :nixweiss

Thomas Dekany
06-08-2005, 04:53 PM
You`d want to make $40.00 per hour at least. Very dirty interiors can take alot of time. Start from there.

DrSauekraut
06-08-2005, 05:01 PM
I offer 3 basic packages – wash/vacuum, quick wax, and full detail. Each package is a fixed price. I also include an itemized list of services for added charge.

I suggest a basic wash and vacuum for $35. This includes cleaning the glass, wiping the dash, and gloss on the tires/trim. Anything aside from this is extra.

Carpet/Upholstery Shampoo $20

Engine Detailing $20

Interior Cleaning (leather/vinyl cleaning and conditioning) $20

Spot Removal $10

Trim Restoration $20

Good luck :xyxthumbs

jjwalker
06-08-2005, 05:46 PM
hmmm....my prices are in relation to the size of the vehicle. For something that size, I would charge $100-120 since it needs mostly interior. I dont like fixed prices and I have a quote sheet that determines price from...

Condition of paint

condition of interior

add $20 for leather

add $40 if it is caked with mud

so on....

EBPcivicsi
06-08-2005, 07:19 PM
Between $150 and $200. expect to spend 4-5 hours if the interior is that foul, WITH dog hair.

bender
06-08-2005, 07:42 PM
ok, thanks for your suggestions

NEW AGAIN
06-08-2005, 07:49 PM
Figure out how much you want to make an hour standard rate is $30.00 / $40.00. Then how long it will take you to complete the task @ hand. Multiple the rate time hours= profit. BUT IF IN YOUR AREA YOU CAN CHARGE MORE GO AHEAD

imported_themightytimmah
06-08-2005, 08:26 PM
I`d charge 160. Figure that if you have a pressure washer and a good strong APC, you can clean the exterior/engine as needed in 45 minutes or so. Clean the trim with GR-40 and pressure wash. Pull out all the floormats, all the interior trim that`ll pop off easy, pressure wash them all. The real trick on the dog hair is to get a product thats intended for dog hair removal. I use a "magic sponge" in one hand, and a wet/dry nozzle in the other. Just windrow and vacuum it, getting maybe 90-95% of the hair, then perfect it when you shampoo the carpets. Shouldnt take more than 4 hours, so 160 is pretty solid money.

Hell, on a Wrangler, you can probably pressure wash a good chunk of the interior with the top off (semi kidding, DO NOT try this at home).

C. Charles Hahn
06-08-2005, 08:31 PM
Personally I`d charge $160 for a vehicle of that size in that condition. I don`t believe in gouging people too hard.