PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna IP Question

Pages : [1] 2

superstring
06-08-2005, 01:11 PM
I just finished using Menzerna FP II as my final prep step and to say I`m impressed with this product is an understatement! It redefines the term "user friendly"!

For those who have used both FP and IP, is IP as easy and effective to use as FP?

JamRWS6
06-08-2005, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by superstring

I just finished using Menzerna FP II as my final prep step and to say I`m impressed with this product is an understatement! It redefines the term "user friendly"!

For those who have used both FP and IP, is IP as easy and effective to use as FP?

I think the IP is just as easy to use. I`ve used the Menzerna Powergloss, Intensive Polish, and the Final Polish II and they are all great products.

stevet
06-08-2005, 02:53 PM
I find IP to be very user friendly. It leaves an amazing finish that needs very little follow up and on light colors you could probably go right to your LSP. It`s more aggressive than FP II (Micro Polish). No fillers, wax, and silicones, and is safe for new paint.

superstring
06-08-2005, 03:14 PM
Excellent! Thanks, guys. :)

Mochamanz1
06-08-2005, 04:47 PM
Menzerna has a great line of polishes. The IP, can be worked down to a brilliant and super slick texture, and the FPll refines the finish still further. these are grreat products !

Alfisti
06-09-2005, 03:21 AM
Just one tip with IP...make sure you don`t use too little...it`ll dust like crazy and won`t cut well.

Its better to use too much than too little. :xyxthumbs

IP is excellent...it use to be my favourite before I discovered PowerPolish.

gav'spurplez
06-09-2005, 07:48 AM
i use both IP and FP, if i want a little extra kick i`ll use the FP, but the IP always leaves an awesome finish. I used IP and pinnacle on a car i detailed a couple weeks ago, you would not be able to tell that i did not use FP :xyxthumbs

Gen2
06-09-2005, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by Alfisti

Hi Alfisti how would you compare PowerPolish to IP ? From you statement obviously you prefer PP but why ? The reason I asked is PowerPolish will be available soon at my place and I do not know should I wait for PP or go for IP. Should I choose to go with PP, can I follow PP with PO85RD or is it not necessary?

stevet
06-09-2005, 08:31 AM

Just one tip with IP...make sure you don`t use too little...it`ll dust like crazy and won`t cut well.

Its better to use too much than too little. :xyxthumbs

Also give the pad a little mist of QD or water. I find this totally eliminates dusting.

Alfisti
06-11-2005, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Gen2

Hi Alfisti how would you compare PowerPolish to IP ? From you statement obviously you prefer PP but why ? The reason I asked is PowerPolish will be available soon at my place and I do not know should I wait for PP or go for IP. Should I choose to go with PP, can I follow PP with PO85RD or is it not necessary?

Sorry it took so long to reply...didn`t receive an email notification...its been happening for a while now...getting sick of it. :mad:

Wait for MPP, its much easier to use with similar results.

It doesn`t dust, you only need one polish and three pads to do all tasks (MPP changes its aggressiveness according to pad...cutting pad works like #83, green pad works like IP with similar finish).

I just did a car yesterday with MPP and did one pass with a yellow pad, finishing with one pass with a green pad. All defects gone and great finish. Topped it with AIO and Nattys paste and it looked glossy and wet.

The trick with MPP is to polish it until its gone clear, then keep polishing until it removes itself. The abrasives completely diminish and no dust is produced! The only negative is that the pads are difficult to wash as the polish is very oily.

I`ve used most polishes from Megs to Menzerna to Poorboys to 3M...this beats them all for speed and ease of use. I wish more get on to this...they don`t know how good it can be...its made most other polishes redundant.

The only polish I`d keep is a finishing/burnishing polish. MPP creates a good gloss, like IP or #80, but not as good as a dedicated finishing polish like FP or PO85RD.

I hope this helps.:xyxthumbs

stevet
06-11-2005, 09:28 AM

you only need one polish and three pads to do all tasks (MPP changes its aggressiveness according to pad...

You could say this about any abrasive really. For example, IP would be more aggressive with a cutting pad than it would with a polishing pad. This goes for any abrasive product.

Alfisti
06-11-2005, 07:20 PM
Yes, that`s true, but not to the degree that MPP does. It differs so much that I don`t actually know what scale to apply to it, unlike IP.

Also, the oils seem to buffer the foams aggressiveness so that even using a cutting pad will results in a non-hazy finish...it won`t be the glossiest finish, but no haze. The buffered abrasives seem to be able to cut quite aggressively when required but break down to a polishing rouge even with a mild pad.

It also wipes off easier than any polish...even if it dries (the recommended way on the bottle).

I can`t explain how good it is. It breaks all the rules you`ve expected from polish.

For all the doubters, I`d suggest you buy a bottle and try it. As I said, I have used them all professionally and know how polishes vary and their individual quirks. This beats them all in versatility and ease of use. That`s all I can say.

I should do a review since I have all the pics. :)

stevet
06-11-2005, 07:47 PM

Also, the oils seem to buffer the foams aggressiveness so that even using a cutting pad will results in a non-hazy finish...it won`t be the glossiest finish, but no haze. The buffered abrasives seem to be able to cut quite aggressively when required but break down to a polishing rouge even with a mild pad.

With all these oils do you notice much filling?

Gen2
06-11-2005, 08:51 PM
Thanks Alfisti for the detail reply. If PP is so versatile than I think I will wait for the arrival of the new stock. The problem with most polish is sometimes I do not know how much the product has broken down :confused: , stopping too early or too late will not rectify the problem. However if the instruction for PP is to work the product until almost clear, than it is pretty easy to monitor :xyxthumbs .

Oh yes, I`m also quite concern as stevet whether PP contains filler. Btw do you work PP with a PC or rotary ?

Alfisti
06-12-2005, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by stevet

With all these oils do you notice much filling?

According to Forrest MPP does have some filling properties, similar to Megs. However, when I first trialled it I wiped the polished surface with a wax/silicone removing prepping solvent to guage filling effect and saw no difference.

The problem with most polish is sometimes I do not know how much the product has broken down , stopping too early or too late will not rectify the problem. However if the instruction for PP is to work the product until almost clear, than it is pretty easy to monitor.

One of MPP`s many positives is that you can`t over-work the polish. The oils continue to lubricate the surface even when the polish is gone. The trick is to err on the side of over-working the polish. This means you buff until it goes clear then continue until it starts to remove itself, leaving a clean surface. Wipe with a MF and its done...move to next section. No dusting, no residue and no effort.

An additional plus that I accidently discovered is that MPP even lays down some protection. I queried Forrest about this and Mothers chemists stated that some of the ingredients have unintended (although positive) results. (I don`t think Mothers wants to advertise this point.)

I found it gave me 4-6 weeks of beading without a LSP on it!

As I frequently stated, the only negative that I can find is that the oils make the pads hard to wash out.

Btw do you work PP with a PC or rotary?

PC. :xyxthumbs

BTW, I refer to it as MPP since PP traditionally has been assigned to 1Z Paint Polish (which I`ve also used and liked), so as to prevent confusion.