PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY...my new car! (56k iffy)

Pages : [1] 2

JaCkaL829
06-08-2005, 11:55 AM
Ok, i`m going to give you the full story. I`ll also post cliff notes on the bottom and what everyone wants to see, pictures!

After debating a 5th generation Maxima or a RSX, the RSX ultimately ruled out. I rarely drive other people around, the RSX gets great MPG and doesn`t require higher octane and I just felt more comfortable in the RSX. I`m not bashing the Maximas at all, I really do like them, but for me i`m 20 years old and single so I wanted something a little sporty.

So i`ve been doing some extensive searching and narrowed my search down to 5 spd base models. I drove a base model and it gives me all the power I can ask for. I`m the guy you probably honk your horn at cuz I drive the speed limit. Anyway I found one with decent mileage and everything I was looking for, for one of the lowest prices. So I go with my bro and check it out. It was from a very small dealer in Rockland, NY. Just to give you an idea of how small it is, the office was a little room (a lil bigger than a closet) in a gas station convenice store. So I look at the car and it looked good to me. Not perfect, but pretty good. Unfortunately the next day was the Sat. of MDW and I went up to PA, so my father was very nice and took a 45 min ride up to this dealer to check it out. He drives it and puts a $1k deposit on it from his credit card. He did notice it was pulling to the left so the guys say they`ll take care of it. They also say they`ll deliever it, no problem. So Sunday and Monday they were closed, so i`m figuring i`ll have it by the end of the week. I call Thursday they say they still never got the part, I call Friday they say probably Sat., we call Sat they say prob Monday. So finally this past Monday rolls around and I call them up in the morning. I get one guy and hes me sure we`ll deliever whenever you get your check. I tell him OK around 4, so my father can see if the problem was resolved. Around 2ish I call back and get one of the guys I met. He`s telling me definately not today or tommorow there busy. He`s also asking me why I want it delieverd? Like I was asking him for too much. I was like because you insisted on it and he was trying to put the blame on his partner, when my father said he was there too. At this point i`m really mad and reached the end of my fuse :mad: So i`m ready to cancel the deal and decide just to look online for another car. Low and behold I find the same year, model with less miles and acura certified for $500 more then the one I was going to buy. So I take ride up Monday afternoon look at and was really impressed. It had brand new Goodyear tires, which alone equaled the other one I put the deposit on. The other one needed tires soon. This one also had less miles, rear spoiler, was in better shape and Acura certified so I get a 7 yr/ 100,000 miles on engine and tranny and 6 year/62,000 miles bumper to bumper. So I get home tell my dad about and he says lets go see it. He drives it and was pretty impressed he tells the guy how much the other one was that we have the deposit and he says i`ll give you this one for that price. Needless to say we cut the deal off with the other people who were pretty pissed. I told them they were getting really shady and if they were able to get their act together I would have had the car and they would have had my money. So last night I got my car, very painless, the dealer did all the motor vehicle work, they got my plates and we were there for no more then 20 mins. I think it was really a non-brainer my decision, my father was a little mad because of the way we just backed out of the other deal, but its a lot of money i`m spending and I want it spent wisely.

Now I get to have fun learning how to drive stick. The car was pretty clean, i`m probably going to learn and pratice how to drive it the next couple of days and might give it a clay/light polish/wax job sometime this weekend depending on the weather.

Cliff Notes

-Had a deposit on a car, but the dealer kept getting shady

-Had enough of waiting for it, so found the same car in better shape for the same price.

-Tell the other dealer the deals off.

-Bought my car last night :xyxthumbs

FINALLY onto the pictures...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v614/JaCkaL829/rsx012Medium.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v614/JaCkaL829/rsx003Medium.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v614/JaCkaL829/rsx004Medium.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v614/JaCkaL829/rsx005Medium.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v614/JaCkaL829/rsx001Medium.jpg

It looks like the previous owner but some sort of aftermarket shifter on it. Luckily the dealer order an OEM shifter and gromet so I gotta trying to that one off and putting the new on.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v614/JaCkaL829/rsx006Medium.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v614/JaCkaL829/rsx007Medium.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v614/JaCkaL829/rsx009Medium.jpg

BigAl3
06-08-2005, 11:57 AM
i would of taken the rsx too :xyxthumbs

2wheelsx2
06-08-2005, 12:00 PM
Nighthawk black pearl is niiiiice! Congrats on the new car.:xyxthumbs

imported_kgb
06-08-2005, 12:03 PM
Awesome cars in my opinion. I like that shift knob they have on their. Looks like a DC Sports maybe? If you are into modifying your ride I highly suggest a Progress rear sway bar for those cars. I had one and it made a HUGE difference in handling.

MongooseGA
06-08-2005, 12:34 PM
Nice.

I think I`m more relieved that you finally bought a car than you are!

Congrads. Have fun :cool:

markmando
06-08-2005, 12:46 PM
PLEASE DEAR GOD DO NOT PRACTICE DRIVING STICK IN IT!!!!!!!

ask your dad to practice in his car or a buddy`s beater.

later,when your confident in stick bust loose on the acura.

nothing worse than buying a new car and having to replace the clutch

a month later.

SilverLexus
06-08-2005, 12:49 PM
Nice car...what was the process or have you not cleaned it yet?

imported_hadboosttroy
06-08-2005, 02:41 PM
looks like a oem acura accessory knob, for the 5spd base. i had one on my integra, but it got stolen :( it is darn near identical to the s2000 knob (we`ve had 2 s2k`s so i have a good base for comparison :)) but with the 5spd on top. it is way better than the stock pos, trust me.

gav'spurplez
06-08-2005, 03:23 PM
should have gottem V8 american rear wheel drive if you wanted something sporty ;)

good looking though, have fun with it :xyxthumbs

stilez
06-08-2005, 03:48 PM
Beautiful car! Great luck with it!

Will it be at the PB day meet?

ntoddalbert
06-08-2005, 05:57 PM
Good Luck with it. Acura makes a great car, reliable too... somthing you dont see together very often.

Setec Astronomy
06-08-2005, 06:52 PM
Did you get your deposit back?

raymond_ho2002
06-08-2005, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by markmando

PLEASE DEAR GOD DO NOT PRACTICE DRIVING STICK IN IT!!!!!!!

ask your dad to practice in his car or a buddy`s beater.

later,when your confident in stick bust loose on the acura.

nothing worse than buying a new car and having to replace the clutch

a month later.

Eh, I think the rsx drives easily enough.. The clutch won`t have to be replaced for years as long as he drives sensibly, even if he`s just learning.

JaCkaL829
06-08-2005, 08:24 PM
Thanks everyone for the very kind words. :wavey

I really appreciate it and its nice to know that after being carless for a year I finally have something nice to show off my hard work for.

Mark: I agree with Raymond, I should be OK with it. I`m definately not use to it, but I have driven manual before. The hardest part about driving stick, and for me is hills and getting a feel for the balance of the clutch and gas. Once I get it going though i`m fine. Unfortunately I really don`t know anyone with a beater car in manual, or else I would already know how to drive it.

Lee: Honestly I have no clue, dealer prep :nixweiss . It doesn`t look that bad, its got swirls but not horrible. It does seem that some of their tire shine slung up on the paint. With the thunderstorms coming up tonight and tommorow I decided just to give it a S+W and leave it at that. Hopefully this weekend I can try out my sample of PO85RD on it.

Gav: I`m a fan of the American V8 too, but i`m not a speed junkie. Plus with gas the way it is I want something really efficient, i`m a cheap college student.

Sean: I`ll be there probably both days so i`m looking forward to meeting you again, along with everyone else.

Setec: Yup we got our deposit back when we called the credit card company and they never put the charge through. We just cancelled the credit card to make sure they don`t give us a hard time. As I said before the guy seemed really pissed, but was saying i`m not going to take your deposit. I was thinking in my mind you never got it. I talked to my father`s cousin`s husband who is a lawyer and he said you shouldn`t have any problems, and if I did to let him know so I guess i`m covered ;)

TRD-22
06-08-2005, 08:33 PM
I actually remember a friend showing me a video of an owner who shifted into the wrong gear. Like at 5000RPM and went from like 4th gear to 1st. Think it went all the way to 11,000 RPM. Major damage.

Treat that baby well.