PDA

View Full Version : Vanilla Moose Question

shelshel
06-08-2005, 03:35 AM
After using VM is there a period of time that I should wait before applying a sealant. I`ve had some problems in the past with using PB EXP about 1/2 later but not with UPP. But then again I`m not sure if the UPP bonded well or not.

scottabir
06-08-2005, 03:57 AM
I have never had a problem with exp over VM immediatly :nixweiss

upp bonded just fine too.

sQuashed
06-08-2005, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by scottabir

I have never had a problem with exp over VM immediately :nixweiss

upp bonded just fine too.

Same here. I have never had a problem with any sealant immediately after VM :xyxthumbs

klnyc
06-08-2005, 06:21 AM
Umm, I never used VM b4, I might give a try. Now, can VM used under the Sun :nixweiss

gav'spurplez
06-08-2005, 07:17 AM
i believe the bottle says that VM can be applied in the sunlight

TN9thSi
06-08-2005, 08:34 AM
VM works pretty well in the sun. Just apply it and immediately buff it off. I used it in full sun on my parents` White Regal yesterday and it worked great.

94BlkStang
06-08-2005, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by shelshel

After using VM is there a period of time that I should wait before applying a sealant. I`ve had some problems in the past with using PB EXP about 1/2 later but not with UPP. But then again I`m not sure if the UPP bonded well or not.

I`ve used PB EX P, EX P+ and UPP immediately after using VM and never had any issues. It`s a great final glaze before going to an LSP.:D

Mr. Clean
06-11-2005, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by klnyc

...Now, can VM used under the Sun

I`ve used it in indirect sunlight on a fairly warm (but not hot) surface. On and off without much effort.

Originally posted by 94BlkStang

I`ve used PB EX P, EX P+ and UPP immediately after using VM and never had any issues. It`s a great final glaze before going to an LSP.:D

I had problem with VM compromising the beading effect of EX. Over the last several years I`ve applied EX over other polishes without a problem. I find it better under waxes. As far as a great glaze, I just don`t find the "look" comes close to the hype. It is OK, but not great. Were it not for the ease of use, my valuation would fall significantly.

Scottwax
06-11-2005, 09:15 PM
I think the Red Machine Glaze is probably a better choice for use under sealants than VM because it definitely has less oils in it. Doesn`t seem to make a difference under carnaubas though.