PDA

View Full Version : Did i just mess up my towels?

liquidtiger720
06-08-2005, 01:31 AM
So, I just finished a detail and washed my microfiber towels. I threw them in the dryer and stuck it on delicate. The next morning, I came back and the towels all had static. Did I just ruin 80 bucks worth of pakshak towels?

splattj
06-08-2005, 04:39 AM
They only way you`re going to ruin them in the dryer is on high heat. If you didn`t use fabric softener (which you shouldn`t!) they should all have static cling going on. They should be fine. Just fold them up and by the time you go to use them, they should be normal again.

toyemp
06-08-2005, 06:03 AM
Should be fine. What I have found that works for me is to dry them most (but not all) of the way in the dryer on either delicate or air-fluff. When I remove them, there is just a hint of moisture left. Then I let them air dry the rest of the way. Much less static cling on them vs completely drying them in the dryer.

You will need to experiment with the timing on your dryer, but on mine, 50 mins on air fluff works perfect.

White95Max
06-08-2005, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by toyemp

Should be fine. What I have found that works for me is to dry them most (but not all) of the way in the dryer on either delicate or air-fluff. When I remove them, there is just a hint of moisture left. Then I let them air dry the rest of the way. Much less static cling on them vs completely drying them in the dryer.

You will need to experiment with the timing on your dryer, but on mine, 50 mins on air fluff works perfect.

Exactly what I was about to post! I dry mine on low heat, and about 25 minutes later, they are just slightly damp. At that point I just open the dryer door and fluff the towels every 5 minutes or so. I usually just sit downstairs on the computer anyway, so it`s no big hassle to fluff the towels. My towels seem like their softer when they aren`t allowed to machine-dry all the way.

liquidtiger720
06-08-2005, 08:31 AM
thanks guys, I was worried for a bit.

I would usually air dry them in the dryer, but was planning on using it the next day. Thank you everybody for your replies.

C. Charles Hahn
06-08-2005, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by White95Max

Exactly what I was about to post! I dry mine on low heat, and about 25 minutes later, they are just slightly damp. At that point I just open the dryer door and fluff the towels every 5 minutes or so. I usually just sit downstairs on the computer anyway, so it`s no big hassle to fluff the towels. My towels seem like their softer when they aren`t allowed to machine-dry all the way.

Yup, sounds exatly like what I do. Then once they feel dry enough, I fold `em up and pack them into ziploc bags. Just have to squeeze all the air out of the bag as much as possible. :up

kompressornsc
06-08-2005, 09:18 AM
$80 worth of Pakshak Towels? Yes, you did ruin them!

Please ship them to me immediately at 520 S. 11th Street....

Y`know, so I can dispose of them properly ;)

Bigpunter
06-08-2005, 09:46 AM
If you think the towels are becoming to lose their “as new†feel, you can put them in a pot of boiling water for ten minutes to bring them back to life! ;)

Learnt that from Adam`s polishes online detailing videos! Tried it and it did actually work! :cool:

tyltan
06-08-2005, 11:27 AM
How do you know that MFs are damage and no longer usable? I accident had mine on hight heat several times and they are still absorb water very good.

Sorry I didn`t mean to highjack your tread.

Mark77
06-08-2005, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by toyemp

Another one here :rolleyes: I don`t dry them all the way either. Just let them airdry and they are as good as new.

I wonder how long Pakshak MF towels last I`ve used some of mine a few times every week for the last 4 months and they are still like new, no wear or anything :up