PDA

View Full Version : ! Runs in the Clear along gfx please help !

Crazy3rdgen
06-06-2005, 05:01 PM
So i bought the run razor kit from eastwood. It came with a plastic planner that uses a razor to shave off the run. It gets down to .001 of an inch. Also came with clay sanding blocks. The kit is seen here if yous are interested.

http://www.eastwoodco.com

Then for product number type 34007

My question is how should I go about doing this? Use the planner to get the run all the way down before hitting the surface of the clear thats smooth. Then just wet sand with 2000? Then what? I only have access to "on the shelf products" right now. And I dont have a buffer.. only a walmart one but they dont count.

imported_themightytimmah
06-06-2005, 08:46 PM
Wetsand with 2000. Buff with Meg`s ScratchX by hand (this part WILL suck, but it will be worth it). Buff again with Meg`s #80 by hand. Wax (you can use the walmart buffer then if you want :)).

Accumulator
06-07-2005, 08:55 AM
Yeah, that`s it exactly. Just be careful with that planer gizmo ;)

Use the finest sanding block that will do the job, it`ll make for less hand polishing. And be careful with the sanding blocks too.

Crazy3rdgen
06-07-2005, 06:57 PM
k, thank you guys so much:xyxthumbs

Joetabasco
06-07-2005, 09:02 PM
I have also had success by wrapping the edges of a reg single sided razor blade with masking tape. it works great and the tape keeps it from getting TOO close to the surface.