PDA

View Full Version : What cleaner to use for Lt Gray leather

quiksilver81
06-06-2005, 11:12 AM
My friend has been trying to clean his really dirty leather seats in his 2004 Silverado 2500HD. He has been using Lexol PH cleaner and isnt getting very good results. Is there any tricks to using the Lexol or is there any other product that you recommend? TIA

imported_kgb
06-06-2005, 11:31 AM
Try Four star Leather Cleaner and Conditioner.

Porkanbeans
06-06-2005, 11:37 AM
Tell him to try a dilution of water:Woolite 6:1. It`s not too harsh, but it should be strong enough to clean the seats well. He can also use it everywhere else on the interior. It is also helpful to use a towel with the cleaner that is aggressive enough. Terry towels are cheap, readily available at any auto parts store, and will do a great job for all purpose interior cleaning. Just don`t tell him to use them on the exterior too. If there are some stubborn spots, some agitation with a toothbrush will help.

I have no personal experience with Lexol products, but people here who use it like it.

gav'spurplez
06-06-2005, 07:19 PM
i have light gray seats in my Z, i have used the woolite solution and it has done good so far,

i condition with blue magic leather conditioner :xyxthumbs

imported_themightytimmah
06-06-2005, 10:49 PM
Lexol is pretty weak, I don`t use it anymore. I like 4* gel cleaner, its harsh enough to get things clean, but not harsh enough that monthly use will do any damage. That, or Woolite (I used to use it before the 4*, and I was pretty happy with it),

imported_Burlyq
06-06-2005, 11:05 PM
Woolite is good for light cleaning. Z9 and Z10 can`t be beat as a one two combo, clean and protects and the only product I`ve ever used that smells exactly like leather. The only time I use something else if the leather is in real bad shape or it`s not coated, then I use leatherique.

imported_CBX Carl
06-07-2005, 03:43 AM
I have used the Mr Clean Eraser on neglected leather surfaces. Caution as the Eraser IS ABRASIVE and you must be gentle. I use a Woolite mix in a spray bottle and wet a small section of the surface and work the eraser gently over the surface. Do not just scrub back and forth, less is more in this case. Wipe the surface with a clean MF to see your progress and move on. I rinse the eraser in a bucket of warm water as needed. The eraser color will turn kind of grayish as the dirt is lifted away. Of course this is clear coated leather and remember is is only so thick. Try a small spot and see how it works. Repeat the word caution.

quiksilver81
06-07-2005, 08:04 AM
Thanks for the replies, Ill tell him to try out Woolite mixed with water first. If that doesnt do it for him Ill tell him to get a Mr Clean Eraser.