PDA

View Full Version : Despair!

Carl Anderson
06-06-2005, 05:51 AM
I have a 3" diameter blemish that appears etched into the Jet Black paint of my 03 M3. My car has been well cared for, and at the time this happened I had a coat of EXP and several coats of Souveran paste wax on the car. This obviously does not make a car immume to bird ----.

So far I have tried Final Inspection, P21S paint cleaner, AIO with a polishing pad, SSR 2.5 using my Makita and a cutting pad. I`m really not sure I`m going to be able to get this out of the paint. Oh, I also tried vinegar and alcohol to no avail.

splattj
06-06-2005, 06:04 AM
Can you get a picture? You may have to get out a good magnifier and see if there is any clearcoat left! After polishing, can you still feel the edge of the blemish with your fingernail?

White95Max
06-06-2005, 06:05 AM
If SSR2.5/cutting on a rotary couldn`t touch it, I wouldn`t have high hopes at this point.

Don`t worry, I have 3 stains on my hood from bird sh**. :(

wannafbody
06-06-2005, 06:55 PM
if 2.5 won`t remove it then wetsanding might be needed-IMO I`d live with it

imported_themightytimmah
06-06-2005, 08:44 PM
Try SSR3 by hand. You can control the aggressiveness really well with it ,as well as the area polished. Might be better to glaze and live with it though, cause you`ve only got so much clear, and when its gone, its gone.