PDA

View Full Version : rotarys

HBblazer
12-24-2004, 12:36 AM
Ok, I understand that this topic has been trampled to death and if their is a good tread already posted on DC then i apoligize, just post the link and get irritated with me . \\
Alright, so here is my problem. I really want to further my abilities with my rotory ( dewalt) so that i can provide higher quality services to my customers. but am very uneasy about using it. I have practiced quite a bit on light color cars with decent results but i would love to be able to produce some of the results that many of you can achive. ( especially on black- I dream about producing a swirl free finish on a black car) I am currently using megs pads and i just feel awkard and nervous when using the rotary and I feel like that is keeping me from getting the results im looking for. I feel that im doing everything that i have ever read correctly but i still fill the pad grabing and somewhat skiping on the paint. I was just wondering if their are any tools out there ( a particular rotory or brand of pads) that would make it a little easier to handle. Any tips or suggestions would be very appreicaite. Also - If their is any of you out their who feel espesially gifted with the rotary and are blessed with the patience to teach a begginer i would be more than willing to pay for a short tutoring session- I live in southern california- Huntington Beach- and would be willing to take a drive.
Thanks, Brandon

bigron62
12-24-2004, 12:56 AM
brandon im able to use a rotary buffer with good results and im not scared of black cars anymore .. you are welcome to come up here and ill spend some time helping you or we can do it over the phone .. when i was having trouble with my rotary buffing i contacted aaron at edge pads and he talked me thru it and it solved my problems . when i was buffing the product would gum up and aaron told me to spray some water on it and break up the product then i kept going and it turned out great .. also i use my rotary as little as possible because it can be risky . i use my pc most of the time. anyhow let me know .. ill be busy tomorrow . but i should be around sunday afternoon . my name is ron and my # is 559 469 3033 .. heres a couple of my rotary jobs .

ron`s
12-24-2004, 06:47 AM
I would try using a different pad. Try the lake country brand. There very user friendly. Slow your speed down to 1500 rpm.

Look into buying a Cyclo. You can achieve almost the same results as the rotary. It just takes a little longer. I personally will never use a PC again after getting the Cyclo.

Happy Holidays.