PDA

View Full Version : Oxo brushes

solarafied
06-05-2005, 11:08 AM
I need some input here. I have been tackling some pitted brake dust on my alloy rims for three weeks straight and I have still not been able to remove it. I tried some sonus rim bright and got one of those new meguiar`s safe wheel brushes. Vast improvement in cleaning the rims but did not touch the brake dust. My latest effort was trying some A2Z again with Meguairs wheel brush. It removed a small amount of the brake dust but did not fully remove it. This was after I spent about 15 mins on each rim. I am coming to the conclusion that Meguiars brush just is not abrasive enough to really agitate. I was looking into ordering one of the oxo spoke brushes on another site as they are being phased out here. Are the oxo brushes any stiffer? Btw I have tried clay and that didn`t work. I just ordered some P21S and will try letting it sit overnight and clean in the a.m. If that fails I am off to get some new rims.

-Michelle

Setec Astronomy
06-05-2005, 11:23 AM
Don`t give up yet! Can you tell us what kind of finish is on the wheels, or what kind of car? That Meg`s brush looks like it would be great for cleaning a wheel that doesn`t have anything stuck on it, but those tampico bristles are way too stuff to remove what you describe. You may have to resort to a fairly stiff brush if the finish on the wheel can stand that.