PDA

View Full Version : AIO vs. ColorX?

jlells01
06-05-2005, 09:09 AM
What`s your pick (and why if you don`t mind)?

stevet
06-05-2005, 09:35 AM
AIO is my pick. Cleans better. Easier to use. Leaves a nicer finish. Slicker. AIO is an awesome base for any product. I am basing my opinion on my two year old bottle I am currently using. There is some discussion that AIO has changed it`s formula because of VOC regulations so the newer stuff might not work as well.

Megs Color X also works well but not as well as AIO. Also at $19.00 CDN it`s marked up over 100% compared to the USA prices so I will not use it. I would rather spend a little more and get the better product.

jlells01
06-05-2005, 11:35 AM
Hmmm...very interesting results.

All seven people that have voted as of now have done so for AIO, yet Klasse advertises that this product (excluding any very recent changes) has remained the same since 1979, with all fourteen ingredients remaining the same.

Klasse: "Klasse All In One Polish will remove oxidation, minor swirls, and other surface blemishes; leaving a beautiful and deep acrylic shine."

On the other hand, Meguiars released their ColorX product in late `03, some 24 years later...you would think over two decades of development and technology would result in a superior product?

"Meguiar’s COLORx is a liquid polish and wax combination formulated to remove slight scratches and swirls, remove oxidation and blemishes that dull paint finish, and lock in the shine of restored deep color and revived gloss."

scrub
06-05-2005, 01:38 PM
I voted for AIO. The main reason is the type of protection that the product leaves behind. From what I`ve learned about each product AIO leaves behind some sort of acrylic protection. The ColorX, well I`m not sure what type of protection it will leave behind.

So what does that mean to my vehicle`s and my client`s vehicles. From my very limited knowledge of products the acrylic base should last longer and take away less durability that my LSP provides. I guess like layering a sealant over carnauba will negatively affect the sealants protection and durability as the carnauba base dissipates and wears away.

Please educate me if I`m off base. I`m relatively new to this profession.

stogie1020
06-05-2005, 06:59 PM
Jlelles01,

Sounds like everyone would love it of you took a nicely worn body panel, taped it down the middle, put one of each products on each side, and took some pics for us!!

RuffRyder
06-05-2005, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by stogie1020

Jlelles01,

Sounds like everyone would love it of you took a nicely worn body panel, taped it down the middle, put one of each products on each side, and took some pics for us!!

I know that would be of great use to me!

buellwinkle
06-05-2005, 08:40 PM
You never said what are you trying to achieve with these products? Are you trying to remove severe oxidation, swirls, scratches or just wax the car?