PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning the MF and Sponges

Kgear
06-04-2005, 11:05 AM
I use MF towles to remove wax but they get lodged with the left over wax, how can I clean them?

Is it ok to use them again after soap and water cleaning even if they are still stained with wax fro the previous waxing weeks earlier?

I used a foam pad to apply the bwax -- how do I properly clean that?

BigAl3
06-04-2005, 12:05 PM
i use tide liquid detergent with no problems...

Wasatch
06-04-2005, 12:06 PM
For the MFs, I use Tide Free Liquid in warm water. Then Permanent Press cycle for drying, which is low temp or air dry. For MF apps or foam apps I wash in warm water and air dry.

whitestang00
06-04-2005, 12:07 PM
For foam pads, I just rinse them out with water good. Sometimes I throw them in together with MF`s and some Woolite into the washer, and set it to gentle/handwash.

Beason
06-04-2005, 12:09 PM
Delicate Cycle with Warm Water for wash and use Woolite, For rinse I use Warm water with some Distilled White Vinegar and my washing machine has an extra rinse so I use that. Throw it in the dryer at setting "Air Fluff" for an hour and they come out amazing.

Black240SX
06-04-2005, 12:21 PM
Add some ammonia to the wash to get wax out of the towels.

SpoiledMan
06-04-2005, 12:30 PM
I wash mine with All Free in HOT water and even FMJ stains come clean after a couple washes.

MRJUCY
06-05-2005, 09:42 AM
Pinnacle make a detergent specifically for microfibre cloths called Micro Rejuvenator. I`ve been using it & have found it really good at getting all the waxs, stains etc out & makes them feel even softer & fluffier then they did before.

ShiroChanWRX
06-06-2005, 03:16 PM
I put a scoop of Oxy Clean in the washer, fill it with warm water, and let it agitate *before* adding the MF to allow the granules to dissolve. Then I use Tide or Woolite with a touch of Dawn and run it on Heavy Duty Cycle with two rinse cycles. I notice that the Tide - Dawn combo cuts the grease/wax/dirt better than Woolite.

Then I dry on low; Permanent Press is a little too hot on my machine, and besides, I`m in no hurry at that point. NO FABRIC SOFTNER!

obbop
06-07-2005, 09:10 PM
I air-dry the critters inside the abode. They dry out in a day or so. Maybe your dryer is more efficient than mine in evacuating lint etc. but my dryer leaves behind a wee bit of lint I know the MF towells will grab and hold.

JasonC8301
06-08-2005, 12:33 AM
I like to use Tide original for my MF towels, set on regular cleaning cycle with warm water. I dry it using medium heat.

I just throw out my foam applicators after use, those yellow foam discs, .50 each from TOL.

Mochamanz1
06-08-2005, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by MRJUCY

Pinnacle make a detergent specifically for microfibre cloths called Micro Rejuvenator. I`ve been using it & have found it really good at getting all the waxs, stains etc out & makes them feel even softer & fluffier then they did before.

Good post ! This is a nice product !:xyxthumbs