PDA

View Full Version : Wool Concours Duster vs. CCD

chml17l
06-03-2005, 06:30 PM
Detailers Paradise has a wool car duster.http://www.detailersparadise.com/View.asp?ProductID=143312005517452-691513519663)

Has anyone compared it to the CCD?:nixweiss

It can be washed with a special wool wash when dirty unlike the CCD. The wool duster looks like it might work better than the CCD on vertical panels because the CCD`s cotton fibers tend to hang down. It seems you wouldn`t have to apply as much pressure with the wool duster on vertical surfaces.

ZaneO
06-03-2005, 07:09 PM
Looks interesting. I`d need lots of feedback before I got serious about buying one though.

pogo123
06-04-2005, 02:59 PM
My wife has been using one of those for dusting in the house for years. Hers has a handle extension for reaching high places but appears to be the same duster. I`ve never thought to use it on my car and I just checked it out but it has WAY to much junk in it for me to try on the car. It does feel a lot softer and lighter then my ccd.

imported_memnuts
06-04-2005, 03:28 PM
What does this duster use to remove dust. CCD uses paraffin to hold the dust rather than just push it around.

If this item uses paraffin or a similiar agent, how is it re-newed after washing?

chml17l
06-04-2005, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

What does this duster use to remove dust. CCD uses paraffin to hold the dust rather than just push it around.

If this item uses paraffin or a similiar agent, how is it re-newed after washing?

It appears to me that this is a "dry" duster and has no similar dust attractant agents like the CCD; however, the wool wash cleaner marketed with the duster is supposed to remove dust/dirt from the duster and it contains lanolin. I believe that the lanolin would act kind of like a natural wax to help hold the dust in the duster.