PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one having this problem with the orange pads?

Thomas Dekany
06-03-2005, 05:04 PM
I had 3 of them and they all fell apart very quickly.

http://lib1.store.vip.sc5.yahoo.com/lib/classic-motoring/HGCPPwr.jpg

ntoddalbert
06-03-2005, 05:38 PM
My orange pads, from another Vendor are the weakest pads I have ever owned. They are a little stiff for my liking too

Thomas Dekany
06-03-2005, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by FalconGuy

My orange pads, from another Vendor are the weakest pads I have ever owned. They are a little stiff for my liking too

Hmmmmm.....

My exact problem is the welcro part. They just let go.

JasonD
06-03-2005, 05:56 PM
What brand are those? They look like the new constant pressure Lake Country type.

Thomas Dekany
06-03-2005, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by JDookie

What brand are those? They look like the new constant pressure Lake Country type.

Yes they are - the funny thing is that their previous LC pads that I purchased a year ago, also from properautocare are still going strong (no orange pads though)

imported_themightytimmah
06-03-2005, 08:12 PM
The orange pads on my Cyclo are holding up quite well, but then again, they only have about two weeks of hard use on them.

imported_animes2k
06-03-2005, 10:09 PM
My orange sonus is supremely stiff and has started to tear a bit right AROUND the velcro, but the velcro is holding on tight. I haven`t even used this pad that much compared to the green polishing pad.

I do like the SFX pads, even without the extra padding around the edges of the backing plate, but it`s a much different beast because of that. Speaking of which, I really need another set of pads (each cutting x2 would be nice to have on hand).

a.k.a. Patrick
06-03-2005, 10:13 PM
IMO, the stiffer the pad, the slower the PC should be operated at........

imported_Kraig
06-04-2005, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by animes2k

My orange sonus is supremely stiff and has started to tear a bit right AROUND the velcro, but the velcro is holding on tight. I haven`t even used this pad that much compared to the green polishing pad.

I do like the SFX pads, even without the extra padding around the edges of the backing plate, but it`s a much different beast because of that. Speaking of which, I really need another set of pads (each cutting x2 would be nice to have on hand).

This same thing happened to mine, a car or two later the velcro ripped in the middle and the foam started to melt from friction.

Thomas Dekany
06-04-2005, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Kraig

This same thing happened to mine, a car or two later the velcro ripped in the middle and the foam started to melt from friction.

mine too!

imported_animes2k
06-04-2005, 11:08 AM
Hrm... At least I`m not the only one. :P

imported_Kraig
06-04-2005, 11:10 AM
What a relief.

Thomas Dekany
06-04-2005, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by animes2k

Hrm... At least I`m not the only one. :P

Did you get my PM?