PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a wash that keeps the slickness...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

imported_COBRyan
06-03-2005, 04:23 PM
Any suggestions? NXT and Gold Class wash seem to strip the slickness from a fresh detail real quick. Someone suggested Poorboys wash in a Click & Brag thread. Any other opinions?

ZaneO
06-03-2005, 04:27 PM
Even though it is my favorite OTC wash, NXT does seem to be a little hard on slickness in my experience, too.

I use Eagle One Wet, WG Auto Bathe, and DP Auto Wash on occasion, and while they don`t seem to hurt slickness, they don`t seem to do too much for it.

Zaino Z7 is my favorite car wash for overall cleaning, lubricity, and slickness/gloss.

I would love to find something that performs similarly in more bulk quantity and price...I hear nice things about Griots wash.

imported_COBRyan
06-03-2005, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by ZaneO

Zaino Z7 is my favorite car wash for overall cleaning, lubricity, and slickness/gloss.

Yes, that is the most popular product I have found using the search button (in terms of slickness). I just wanted something maybe a bit more locally available, but I don`t have a problem ordering online :up

ZaneO
06-03-2005, 04:31 PM
I highly recommend trying it if the price is alright for you.

There are several distributors in your area.

:)

Thomas Dekany
06-03-2005, 04:42 PM
FK1`s #118 shampoo. While you are at it, do try #425 (their quick detailer) by the gallon. It will make the paint feel soooooo slick!!!!

plus you get actual protection.

imported_Burlyq
06-03-2005, 04:51 PM
Z7 good stuff. The mildest soap I`ve tried is TOL bubble bath which always seam to leave the sealed surface like it was prior to washing.

Thomas Dekany
06-03-2005, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Burlyq

Z7 good stuff. The mildest soap I`ve tried is TOL bubble bath which always seam to leave the sealed surface like it was prior to washing.

HOW MUCH $$$?

imported_COBRyan
06-03-2005, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Burlyq

This??

http://www.topoftheline.com/topoflinbub.html

Seems very reasonably priced too. Would you recommend it over Z7?

imported_Burlyq
06-03-2005, 05:36 PM
That`s the stuff. I wouldn`t recommend ot over Z7 because I think Z7 is the strongest wash you can get w/o removing sealant, I like it on a real dirty car. If my car isn`t dirty looking I use TOL, because it doesn`t have much cleaning power and sometimes that is exactly what I want. TOL = Suds that wont break down wax at all. For sealants, it really doesn`t matter because most washes wont remove them. Buy the gallon, it`s great for constant auto washing.

stilez
06-03-2005, 05:47 PM
Poorboy`s Super Slick and Suds, but I haven`t tried the Bubble Bath or FK1 stuff yet.

zainoshine
06-03-2005, 05:59 PM
I have Z7 and TOL for washing...the Z7 is used for the tough jobs (i.e., first time detailing this client`s vehicle, to get a "clean slate"), and the TOL Bubble Bath for my weekly washes (and personal vehicles). I just love everything about it; scent, gentleness (on my hands and on the waxed finish), and how it doesn`t really remove or put anything in it`s place, just does what it`s supposed to do, and that`s provide a slick barrier between the washing tool and the paint and remove the dirt. It does this exceptionally well and reveals the same finish you had before it got dirty.

Plus, it`s only $14 a gallon!

Deep_Freeze
06-03-2005, 06:03 PM
Interesting subject, I have been looking for a change in car wash soap also, but as much as I use, I really would rather not have to buy it online.

What is the best OTC product as far as slickness??

imported_COBRyan
06-03-2005, 06:06 PM
Thanks guys, I am going to order some TOL wash! I am open to other opinions as well, but am definitely going to try this TOL bubble wash.

6speedZ
06-03-2005, 06:14 PM
Interesting topic. For those that use Z7 is it safe to use for weekly washes without removing a sealant like FMJ? I currently have two bottles of Z7 and now I am wondering if I should look into using the TOL or Menzerna auto shampoo instead of the Z7 least I try to wash my cars weekly.

imported_Burlyq
06-03-2005, 06:20 PM
Give TOL a try if a mild wash is what your looking for. Z7 is very safe and PH balanced I`m sure, but it is a strong wash like many other popular washes. It is kinda hard to explain but when you see TOL suds you`ll understand. They are kinda light and airy, more so than others IMO. More to the point many sealants don`t retain their slickness, Wolf is which is butter slick doesn`t maintain that slickness after any wash no matter what you use. However, I will say the new Z8 will make any sealant reslick again. If your looking for slickness after each wash you should at least try Z8. But it also will lose slickness after you wash, but it`s easy to reapply, just like a QD.