PDA

View Full Version : Has this ever happened to you ?

kartoon
06-03-2005, 03:52 PM
Yesterday I was detailing a car for a friend. I finished polishing the hood and went on to the the rest of the car. When I came back to do the final buff of the hood there was ... bird poop on it :eek:

It was still fresh and came off easily but what are the chances ?!

And I never even saw it coming.

White95Max
06-03-2005, 03:59 PM
I conditioned my weatherstripping last year with 1Z Gummipflege, and then washed the car. Right after I finished drying the car, I dried the wheels/tires, and noticed a big pile of bird crap on the edge of the roof. It was perfectly aimed too...it even got into the gap at the top of the door, and seeped onto the weatherstripping! :mad:

Intercooled
06-03-2005, 04:10 PM
I just finished polishing up my garage queen this spring. I pulled it out of the garage to take a complete look at her in the sun. I walked around the car and when I came back around where I started there was a huge bird bomb on the roof. It seems like they splat more when it freshly polished!!!:angry

imported_Jinba ittai
06-03-2005, 04:30 PM
It happened not once but TWICE. A few weeks ago I was waxing the car and sure enough a bird let loose on my hood. I cleaned it off and about an hour later there was yet another bomb on the hood! :angry

Between the pollen and birds Mother Nature hates my car. :rolleyes:

D4cmaN
06-04-2005, 01:44 AM
sucks... birdcrap right after the polish.

i wouldve prob just rinse the hood and birdcrap. soap it again and just polish that hood again.

then snatch the bird that crapped on it and take revenge. lol jk

Jesstzn
06-04-2005, 07:46 AM
Birds up here are impatient .. they don`t evenwait till your finished drying .. I had one poop on my hand and the WW M/F & the paint.

AndyC_1
06-04-2005, 07:48 AM
Same here - direct hit on ythe side of my head and fallout onto the roof, door & glass - either an eagle or an eagle with a gastric issue....

An old wive`s tale (over here at least) says this is lucky - yeah, like lucky for the bird that I don`t have access to a shotgun....

imported_themightytimmah
06-04-2005, 02:09 PM
Heh, I swear they know to hit mine in the city. Where its not legal to shoot back ;).