PDA

View Full Version : Window Tinting In Ga. Must Read!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

randomman84
06-03-2005, 12:52 PM
Notice to all Ga. residents. The governer has signed a bill reinstating the tint law. The allowed tint is now 32 % all around. I am having my front windows retinted from 20 to 35 on tuesday cuz i cant risk the 1000 dollar fine. Just wanted to make everyone aware. It will be a well known fact that certain cities will be more on the look out than others... (Cough, Cough...Duluth, Roswell, Gwinnett, and Forsyth....) Be aware. 1000 dollars is a lot of money.

tensors22288
06-03-2005, 01:17 PM
1000 dollars for a tint violation??? is it like that everywhere because i know NJ doesnt allow any on the fronts, but i didnt think the fine was 1000 bucks, thats crazy, guess they realin crackin down on it

LouisanaJeeper
06-03-2005, 03:51 PM
that`s retarted, they just want more $$$$$$$$$$$$$, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

hell, most stock suv`s come with 20% FROM THE FACTORY

2000firebird
06-03-2005, 04:54 PM
i dont see what is wrong with dark windows... ? pretty much most laws make sense but what the hell does this accomplish?

topnotchtouch
06-03-2005, 05:42 PM
There are two things wrong with dark windows. First, your vision is impaired at night and second which is probably the main reason is that cops can`t see in. Given that, my window tint would be illegal in GA and probably SC where I live now and I do believe it was illegal when I had it put on in FL :D

seracis
06-03-2005, 06:02 PM
hell, most stock suv`s come with 20% FROM THE FACTORY [/B]

Only on the windows behind the front doors. AND, it is NOT tint. It`s privacy glass. NO UV protection, NO shatter protection and the only heat reduction is a result of the amount of the light stopped. Actual window film reduces glare, 99% of the UV rays, adds shatter protection, and reduces heat WITHOUT necessarily making it impossible to see out. Georgians should be very fortunate that they are allowed to tint the front doors. There are quite a few states that don`t allow anything on the front.

LouisanaJeeper
06-03-2005, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by seracis

Only on the windows behind the front doors. AND, it is NOT tint. It`s privacy glass. NO UV protection, NO shatter protection and the only heat reduction is a result of the amount of the light stopped. Actual window film reduces glare, 99% of the UV rays, adds shatter protection, and reduces heat WITHOUT necessarily making it impossible to see out. Georgians should be very fortunate that they are allowed to tint the front doors. There are quite a few states that don`t allow anything on the front.

The allowed tint is now 32 % all around

randomman84
06-03-2005, 08:48 PM
i know its all around but i cant see my car with 35 so im gonna be partial to the law.. it would be 300 plus to have the entire car retinted since it is tinted now.

D4cmaN
06-04-2005, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by 2000firebird

i dont see what is wrong with dark windows... ? pretty much most laws make sense but what the hell does this accomplish?

1 is safety. imagine yourself as an officer and you live in an area where crimed occured. would you feel comfortable and safe walking up to a vehicle with windows up, darken and cannot see who or what is happening inside the vehicle? the car lights wont do enough to notice everything inside the vehicle. it wouldnt be good to get shot from the backseat 354594 times with a glock

2, revenue. town needs money.

$1000 violation fine? rediculous. over here in california, we cant have no tint on front windows at all. but fines arent rocketing like GA`s.

when you say 32% all around, does that mean blocking only 32% sunrays or blocking 68% sunrays?

ssarcevic
06-04-2005, 06:01 AM
Here in FL the police cars that have tinted windows are as dark or darker than limo tint. If I put that on my car I would be breaking the law. Why the double standard?

topnotchtouch
06-04-2005, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by ssarcevic

Here in FL the police cars that have tinted windows are as dark or darker than limo tint. If I put that on my car I would be breaking the law. Why the double standard?

Simple, generally police officers don`t have to worry about being shot walking up to each other`s cars.

Setec Astronomy
06-04-2005, 06:22 AM
You guys are talking about the safety aspect only being for the cops? How about being able to see out of the car at night? I remember a kid I knew tinted his front windows, came to pick me up one night, I looked to the side when he was backing out, couldn`t see a damn thing. He eventually got gigged at inspection and had to take it off.

And how does factory tinted (privacy? as called above) glass not offer a UV reduction? Glass by ITSELF substantially reduces UV transmission (which is why self-darkening sunglasses don`t work in your car), and, um, blocking the light IS what keeps the heat out of the car.

ssarcevic
06-04-2005, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by rjstaaf

Simple, generally police officers don`t have to worry about being shot walking up to each other`s cars.

I understand that. But the question remains why can their tint be so dark? If all we`re allowed is 35% than that`s what they should be held to as well.

I`ve had "illegal" tint since I was 18 and have never had a problem seeing at night. Maybe as I get older that will change (40 is just around the corner). I`ve also never heard of an officer being shot because of dark tint. Not saying it hasn`t happened just haven`t heard of a case. If it had happened, I`m sure a campaign to get illegal tint off FL roads would have taken place by now.

harvey
06-04-2005, 07:14 AM
Tinted glass is just not safe. How can you see out the window? I sat in a car with tinted glass and it was impossible. The driver says to me "no sweat, its not really that bad". He is nuts and will kill someone or himself. Be happy for the large fine, it might just save your life or someone elses.

topnotchtouch
06-04-2005, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by ssarcevic

I understand that. But the question remains why can their tint be so dark? If all we`re allowed is 35% than that`s what they should be held to as well.

By that logic than they shouldn`t be allowed to carry guns, exceed the speed limit, etc..... There are plenty of things the police are permitted to do in the line of their job that we cannot do. Would you enjoy spending 8 hours (usually much more) driving around in your car in the hot Florida sun without tinted windows?

I drive a lot and my side windows are tinted to 28% and I can still get a tan through them.