PDA

View Full Version : Souveran

JustinL67
06-03-2005, 12:06 PM
I`ve heard this stuff only lasts for a month or so, is that true? No way I am spending that much money for a month. Does any1 have first hand expirience?

sQuashed
06-03-2005, 12:14 PM
A month? Must be nice... The summer heat will kill it within 2 weeks. Is it worth the money ??? You betcha !!!

Totally depends on your environmental circumstances.

JasonD
06-03-2005, 12:33 PM
I get no more than four weeks. Is it worth the money? Well, that`s up to you. I lean more toward using sealants vs. waxes just for this reason.

TW85 HHI
06-03-2005, 12:58 PM
The Pinnacle carnaubas were not formulated with durability in mind. They are for one thing, appearance. That said, I get 3-4 weeks out of a coat of Souveran depending on what I use to maintain it.

imported_MCA
06-03-2005, 01:11 PM
IMO, Souveran is absolutely, 100% a beauty wax. As the owner of a black car, nothing looks better. For granted, durability is only about 5 weeks, but I firmly believe Souveran is all about unmatched looks (Once again, just my opinion). I know there are other products out there that could get 90%-95% of the Souveran`s look while offering much longer durability, but only you can decide if the extra 5%-10% is worth the additional cost. It all boils down to your priorities. Personally, I am glad that I bought a jar --> it`s my "go-to" LSP for special occasions.

Good Luck,

MCA

jetskie
06-03-2005, 01:52 PM
If you want some durability with close to the same look go try some wolfgang. If you like carnuba try S100, it last a little longer than Souvern and has 90% of the looks at $15. I also think no wax is worth that kind of money that last one month.

spotpad
06-03-2005, 05:52 PM
I`ve read several times about rumors regarding Trade Secret Wax being Souveran under a different package and name. ;)

JasonD
06-03-2005, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by jetskie

If you want some durability with close to the same look go try some wolfgang. If you like carnuba try S100, it last a little longer than Souvern and has 90% of the looks at $15. I also think no wax is worth that kind of money that last one month.

Ahhh, my current favorite sealant on black....Wolfgang. That stuff is insane. :xyxthumbs

JustinL67
06-03-2005, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by merci

I`ve read several times about rumors regarding Trade Secret Wax being Souveran under a different package and name. ;)

Interesting. Does any1 have expirience with zaino on silver metalic? A friend of mine who details cars says AIO + Z2 is his favorite combo for his general jobs.