PDA

View Full Version : New Paint

Kenney
06-02-2005, 06:45 PM
I just got my hood repainted and was wondering if it is alright to use S&W to clean up a little dirt. Also, since the paint is still curing, it is ok if I wash it with QEW? I thought QEW leaves a small amount of wax on the paint and this will be bad for the fresh paint because it cannot release the rest of the gases. If I cant use QEW, is it ok if I wash with NXT or GC?

Thanks

RuffRyder
06-02-2005, 06:48 PM
How long ago was it repainted? Are you sure they didn`t bake the hood to speed up the curing time?

Kenney
06-02-2005, 07:57 PM
They baked it, but they still reccommend to wait a month for polishing/waxing. I guess to be on the safe side of things.

Also, I just got the car back today.

Mad iX
06-02-2005, 08:13 PM
I`ve got AIO and Z2Pro on fresh paint right now and no problem after 2 weeks, even though the body shop insisted I wait 3 months.

I waited a day to put AIO, and put Z2Pro when I had the chance a week later.

If you wanna play it 100% safe, just use any body shop safe products. #34 comes to mind, I`m not sure about Poorboys so maybe e-mail Steve about it.

Accumulator
06-03-2005, 10:55 AM
I get paintwork done fairly often, and the shop that does most of my work bakes it. I still wait at least 6 weeks and usually longer before I wax/seal it.

In the meantime, I use Meg`s #5 (or #3/#81/#7) or 3M IHG.

You don`t want to wax/seal it until it finishes outgassing or it won`t harded completely.