PDA

View Full Version : TOL 4" Pads vs. CMA 4" Pads

Pages : [1] 2

Bioman
06-01-2005, 03:12 PM
CMA 4" pads seem to be a couple of dollars more expensive than the TOL 4" pads. Is there any difference between the pads that these two retailers sell?

Which ones are better?

How many of each should I need/get?

Thanks.

JasonD
06-01-2005, 03:23 PM
I don`t know what brand pads those two vendors carry, but I will tell you that my personal favorite 4" pads are made by Lake Country and I`ve heard that the Sonus SFX 4" pads are just as good.

Even though some people have had great results with the Cyclo brand pads, I personally didn`t care for them.

Hope this helps.

Bill D
06-01-2005, 03:23 PM
Yes, CMA, are 4" Lake Country pads and the TOL are Cyclo pads.

I like the LC pads as they are basically mini versions of the larger ones we`re familiar with for the PC. That said, Cyclo is going to have some new pads out soon that sound promising.

If you are getting the pads for a Cyclo you`ll need double the amount than for a PC or rotary.

I`d get one of each appropriate polishing/cutting ability for each product you have understanding it being a good idea as well to get a cutting pad and polishing pad for every product that can do both.

Examples using Lake Country pads:

PI III MG or FP II : a white polishing pad

PI III RC : cutting pad and possibly a polishing pad

DACP: cutting and polishing pad

1z PP: cutting and polishing pad

etc.

You could also factor in the " in between" orange pad as well. I don`t because I rarely use them.

I also don`t have need for a 4" black finish pad.

Hope this gets you on the right track.

chevyguy28
06-01-2005, 04:24 PM
I use 4" pads from detailersparadise.com. I can find out who makes them if you`d like. The white pad is a little different from the LC 6" white pad IMO. Their 4" finishing pad is great and made applying FMJ a breeze. Their pads are concave.

With MF towels and pads, you always know you will get good stuff from Nick @ Detailer`s Paradise. His Platinum MF towel is perfect.

I also have a 4" finishing pad from Autogeek and did not like it as much. Wasn`t as soft and was basically a hockey puck. Not concave or anything.

Bill D
06-01-2005, 04:28 PM
The DP pads look identical to my concave LC pads. I got mine directly from LC just prior to when more of the online retailers started selling them.

Spilchy
06-01-2005, 04:31 PM
I use the 4" pads for spot repair and glass, plastic, wheel polishing with the PC.

I have both the TOL and CMA pads.

The cyclo brand pads from TOL blow in my opinion. After one cleaning they lose their bite. Plus the quality of construction is inferior - glue oozing out of the velcro edges.

The LC pads from CMA are light years superior.

Search around for the best price and stick with them.

Bill D
06-01-2005, 04:33 PM
I agree until we see what the new Cyclo pads look like.

Bioman
06-02-2005, 12:01 PM
Who sells the cheapest LC 4" pads?

AlexRuiz
06-02-2005, 01:00 PM
You should give the sonus SFX spot pads a try..... as good if not better than LC`s. Personally, I prefer the Sonus SFX because they are flat, but they lack an orange pad....

Bill D
06-02-2005, 01:01 PM
Yep, nice flat LC pads.

Bioman
06-02-2005, 11:41 PM
Does the sonus 4" yellow polishing pad have as much "bite"(cutting power) as the LC orange pads? What about the sonus white pads compared to LC white pad?

Bill D
06-03-2005, 06:58 AM
They`re flat LC pads, same properties apply as LC pads.

Bioman
06-03-2005, 03:42 PM
So, yellow sonus has more cutting power than a orange LC?

And white sonus has same cutting power as white LC?

Thanks.

Bill D
06-03-2005, 04:39 PM
The white=the white.

Bioman
06-03-2005, 04:55 PM
and yellow Sonus > orange LC?