PDA

View Full Version : Carpet/Woolite ? for all you interior pros

Prometheus
06-01-2005, 01:06 PM
So, I`m a big fan of the woolite/APC/Oxyclean mix for carpets. Only thing that seems to screw me up is that whenever I actually scrub the carpets for stains or whatever, the Woolite starts to suds a lot, and then takes literally forever to rinse it all out. I was doing a minivan the other day, and it took like 15 minutes just to rinse one really dirty section. I used about 4-5 sprays from a cheapo spray bottle of the solution, and literally rinsed the area probably a dozen times before the soap was all gone.

Is there a way to do this without the woolite sudsing? or is there a better way to rinse the area? I just need something, because to do a whole car like this would literally take me hours. Just wondering if I`m missing something here. Thanks in advance.

brwill2005
06-01-2005, 02:40 PM
I would try a product made specifically for cleaning carpets. I like Top of the Line`s Rug Renew. It does not foam much at all. The other option is to buy a defoamer product, Top of the Line also sells this. Finally, an extractor would help, but if there is a lot of foam, it can find it way into the vac motor.

imported_Larry A
06-01-2005, 02:58 PM
How much woolite and water do you use. Spray on a mist ,scrub with a brush, wipe with a towel, thats it. If you use to much you will get suds. Do not soak, use the least amount of solution that will do the job.

stilez
06-01-2005, 03:43 PM
I just use the Costco APC and Hi Temp Protein Stain Remover. This combo doesn`t sud that bad.

Try adding some white distilled vinegar to cut down on sudsing. It also helps clean and freshen.

imported_themightytimmah
06-01-2005, 07:43 PM
Eh, I never use woolite on carpets. Too much suds. I like Zep Professional extractor shampoo (I get it at home depot), but before that I used the Oxy-APC mix to moderate success. I`d suggest trying any good extractor shampoo, they are easier to work with then a foaming one, and if you need a lil extra punch, just spray on a good foaming cleaner like Prestone.

wytstang
06-01-2005, 08:34 PM
I have the same problem with the woolite/h2o mix (5:1) it takes too long too get rid of the suds.