PDA

View Full Version : PB`s Spray & Wipe - anyone have issues with dusting?

Inzane
05-31-2005, 11:32 PM
I haven`t had a chance to clean an entire car with PB`s spray & wipe yet, but I had a chance to spot test it in a few places on sunday. Today when I looked at my car in the sun (my black Z) I noticed dust patterns on the car that seemed consistent with the areas I cleaned and didn`t clean with the S&W. The areas that were cleaned seemed to have more dust. Does this indicate that S&W`d surfaces attract dust?

Has anyone else noticed similar observation?

(the only other thing I spot tested in certain areas of the car was Clearkote Quikshine, also for my first time. But I`m pretty sure the areas where I saw the heavier dust was where I`d S&W`d).

Pats300zx
06-01-2005, 02:56 AM
I haven`t had any issues with it and I use it frequently on my black 350Z :nixweiss

Carl Anderson
06-01-2005, 05:46 AM
I have not warmed up to Poorboy`s S&W. Unfortunately, I bought a gallon thinking I would like it as much as I do their other products, but have found I rarely use it. If I`m going over the whole car it is just as easy to get out the QEW, and if it is just a very light dusting I just use my Final Inspection with a damp MW. I really want to like this product so will force myself to try to use it and get a better feel for it. But so far it has been a dissappointment in my hands.

SilverLexus
06-01-2005, 07:29 AM
I use it regularly and I have never had any dusting problems. In fact, it helps keep my car slick so it is probably helping in that area. I like the smell a lot and it leaves a nice finish.

Wasatch
06-01-2005, 08:17 AM
Hard to notice on a white vehicle, but I S&W and then QD.

raymond_ho2002
06-01-2005, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Carl Anderson

I have not warmed up to Poorboy`s S&W. Unfortunately, I bought a gallon thinking I would like it as much as I do their other products, but have found I rarely use it. If I`m going over the whole car it is just as easy to get out the QEW, and if it is just a very light dusting I just use my Final Inspection with a damp MW. I really want to like this product so will force myself to try to use it and get a better feel for it. But so far it has been a dissappointment in my hands.

Carl,

I`ve had the same experience with s&w as well. I just dont feel comfortable enough wiping down the car firmly with this product. Because of this I wind up streaking all over. What really bothers me in using this product is knowing that some part of my towel will inevitably wipe against my paint with insufficient lubrication unless i completely saturate my towel. The cost per application in my hands, both money-wise and time-wise, has so far been much higher than qew. After half a year of experimenting, s&w`s future in my arsenal looks dismal. :(

Mr. Clean
06-01-2005, 11:04 AM
No dust attracting problems for me with use on both paint and glass. Been using it for a couple of years now. I like it alot!

For those who don`t like it, there is always ABay. :)

imported_themightytimmah
06-01-2005, 12:07 PM
I don`t use it as much on paint as I used to, but I find that its an absolute lifesaver for doorjambs, missed washing spots, etc. It`s also a great pretreater for filthy cars, before you wash.

Intercooled
06-01-2005, 01:17 PM
I really Like S&W. I have found myself using it more than my Z6. I think the S&W has more cleaning abliity. It removes bugs well and surface dirt and dust. I reserve my Z6 for jst after washes now. I also use S&W on my rims when they are not that dirty. It doesn`t really add any shine but IMO it cleans well and leaves some decent slickness.

As far as dusting.....I never really noticed, but now I`ll try and pay attention to see if it does attract dust