PDA

View Full Version : Po085rd/fmj

chevyguy28
05-31-2005, 02:02 PM
Hey guys,

Tried out PO85RD this weekend and loved the polish.

Application method:

- Z7 wash, skipped claying

- Menzerna PO85RD with PC and 4" white polishing pad from Detailer`s Paradise, speed 5-6 (I like the power)

- Sonus Polishing towel to remove residue

- Menzerna FMJ with 4" finishing pad from DP

- Removal with DP`s Platinum MF towel (very fluffy, one of the best MF towels I`ve tried)

Pros:

- burnishes to high gloss, among the best I`ve seen

- easy to use

- leaves surface ready for last step product, possibly Zaino ready

- removes minor swirls, similar to 3M SMR, FPII

Cons:

- can be expensive because you must buy 32 oz, but not bad at all when considering $ per oz.

- slight dusting, could have washed car afterwards

Leaves a slightly better gloss than FPII and doesn`t leave much behind. Given the durability of Zaino over FPII, I don`t have much doubt it would do well applied directly over this as well.

Then topped with FMJ, which seems to be slightly less reflective than Z2, but provides a warmer, wetter look. Maybe tomorrow when it has cured, the shine will come up a bit. Very slick, more so than Zaino! Comes off easier than anything I`ve tried as well. The Detailer`s Paradise Platinum MF towel is one of the best I`ve tried. After my next wash, I`ll do a Menzerna Acrylic Shield wipe down with a DF Towel.

BTW, I like the 4" pad combo on the PC so much, I use it for everything. More power, it`s smoother, and more convenient. Don`t know what I`m going to do with my 6" pads anymore.

The Zaino and Menzerna lines are my favorites these days. Really top notch products coming from both companies.

Clickable thumbnail:

http://img27.imagevenue.com/loc28/th_55b_c32.jpg (http://img27.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc28&image=55b_c32.jpg)

Light wasn`t too good when I took shots, will try to get some more next week. Thanks for stopping by.

03COBRA
05-31-2005, 07:33 PM
Great combo Justin! It looks really good, I hope you have some more pics!!

I apologize for not getting you the PO85RD, I never heard back from Menzerna and I kind of forgot about our deal, sorry!

I like that more and more people are falling in love with the PO85RD. Now finally people are understanding what I have been talking about all along!!:D

chevyguy28
05-31-2005, 10:56 PM
No problem Kyle, you are one of the reasons I decided to try it! Hope to get better pics up over the weekend.

SpoiledMan
05-31-2005, 11:44 PM
Nice work! I`m a real fan of these polishes myself and the results speak for themselves. I plan to get some polishing done to MY cars this week as the schedule is light. I think I`ll finish with some Z but may use the FMJ. Decisions, decisions.....

Bioman
05-31-2005, 11:57 PM
So the 4" pads are better than 6" pads? Does it take longer to detail compared to using a 6"?

hirosh
06-01-2005, 02:38 PM
wow, your benz looks great. i love FMJ....i think i`m gonna have to try the P085RD and FMJ combo out.

SilverLexus
06-01-2005, 02:42 PM
Saw this on Roadfly and it looks awesome there as well. ;) Nice work!

chevyguy28
06-01-2005, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Bioman

So the 4" pads are better than 6" pads? Does it take longer to detail compared to using a 6"?

I think they are better from the perspective that they allow the PC to run more smoothly and seem to generate more heat because they concentrate on a smaller area and do not bog down as easily. Additionally, they are very flexible, which makes polishing a very curvy car easier. You can also get into tighter spaces than you would otherwise.

It may be a personal preference thing, but those are the positive points of the 4" setup for me.

Thanks for the complements everyone.

- J

grt1today
06-01-2005, 04:56 PM
Looks Good :xyxthumbs