PDA

View Full Version : Klasse Sealer

Pages : [1] 2

BluFlame
05-31-2005, 02:02 PM
Here`s the scenario: I `clayed` my Blue Pearl Sti, applied Klasse AIO (WOWO) (it looked beautiful), then applied Klasse Sealer, sparingly, per directions. All operations by hand.

The problem: I have dull areas that looked smeared all over the car. It looked better with just the AIO.

My inclination is to go back to the AIO and forget the sealer or go to another brand of sealer.

This is my first time!! So any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, BluFlame

imported_animes2k
05-31-2005, 02:09 PM
My experience (and that of many others, I should think) is that if you think you`ve put it on thin enough, it`s too thick :) Also, if you let it set up too long, it can be a PITA to remove. Might want to try a QD and a little more elbow grease to finish it off.

Gen2
05-31-2005, 04:24 PM
I just started trying Klasse SG and like to get some advise on how to use it. I applied very thin (certain area looks as if on product was applied), waited for around 20 mins, than I buff off with a ultimate bonnet and a DA machine. But it seems like there is still traces of SG that refuse to come off. What did I do wrong ? Did I waited long enough for it to dry or should I have waited longer ? Btw I prepare my surface with AIO before applying SG.

imported_Sullybob
05-31-2005, 05:19 PM
Try washing your car the next day. If you have some SG hazing issues a wash will usually remove any excess SG.

J.J.
05-31-2005, 07:05 PM
Using SG properly requires a cure time of at least 12 hours. That`s what I`ve always heard. I never trusted the WOWO with SG.

JJ

chml17l
05-31-2005, 07:27 PM
Klasse AIO is a true WOWO application. SG can easily be applied using the same WOWO method. Many Autopians choose to leave SG on 8+ hours or more and then remove it. Either method will work.

If you are not doing SG using WOWO, the longer it cures the easier it is to remove. 20 minutes is too long to do WOWO.

Many have reported no apparent longevity/performance differences using SG WOWO vs. long cure time then removal.

SG applies best by a mf applicator or PC. If you get a small spray bottle w/a fine mist, use this to spritz out a small amount that covers you applicator. Remember, ~ 1 oz per average size car is all that you need.

If the SG is streaky or hard to remove, you have probably put it on way too thick.

Mochamanz1
06-01-2005, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by chml17l

, ~ 1 oz per average size car is all that you need.

I think this is the hardest skill that I had to learn. To resist the impulse to apply thick coatings was difficult for me at first. it is truly strange to think that we remove 90 percent of what we apply, and that the coats we are adding are only molecules thick. In the case of most sealants, the thinner the better, not just for application removal, but also to cut down sheer wasted product. I went to a beauty dept of a store, and bought some small 2 oz spray bottles. I mainly use them to meter myself on Z8 (applicable to SG as well) applications. It is hard to use an Oz on a mid-sized car, now that I know how to apply products thinly

scooch
06-01-2005, 06:24 AM
BluFlame: I have a WRB STI too and the first time I put on KSG it was a bit difficult to apply it thin enough without getting streaking...KSG does look good and lasts a long time. Maybe use AIO again to remove the KSG thats on there...get a nice damp terry cloth applicator and try it again. I just let it sit overnight...about 10hrs and wasnt too hard buffing off with a microfiber. :up

foxtrapper
06-01-2005, 07:58 AM
I have dull areas that looked smeared all over the car
But it seems like there is still traces of SG that refuse to come off. What did I do wrong ?

To thick. To thick, to thick, to thick. Can`t say it enough.

I`ve never tried it yet, but I strongly suspect applying Klasse with a spray bottle would help a whole lot. Trying to dab a tiny amount onto a cloth, and then spread that tiny dab around the car is not easy.

Tasty
06-01-2005, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by foxtrapper

I`ve never tried it yet, but I strongly suspect applying Klasse with a spray bottle would help a whole lot. Trying to dab a tiny amount onto a cloth, and then spread that tiny dab around the car is not easy.

So true. What I have found is that a lot of the SG soaks into the MF applicator, and I feel that I am just rubbing microfiber on my paint and not really appllying any product at all. I think I will go get a small spray bottle and try this method.

J.J.
06-01-2005, 08:32 AM
Spray bottle works awesome BTW. YOu won`t regret that move! One spray per panel works perfectly IMO!

JJ

BluFlame
06-01-2005, 05:42 PM
Thanks to all who replied......most helpful

BF

dmatre
06-01-2005, 06:04 PM
If you find the hazing/swirling with the SG, try this simple trick:

Take the same applicator that you used to originally apply the SG, add a small dab of SG to the applicator, and reapply to the panel. Then, immediately wipe off with a clean MF cloth.

The second application will solubilize any SG left on the paint, and wiping off immediately will remove the excess.

I`ve been using this trick (that admitedly, I learned here from others) for about 2 years now, and it works very well.

Give it a shot.

From what I`ve personally found, SG can be wiped off immediately (WOWO) or can be left overnight, to wipe off in the morning. Anything in between immediately and 8 hours later is miserable to remove.

imported_guapsnaman
06-01-2005, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by dmatre

Anything in between immediately and 8 hours later is miserable to remove.

Not really. I`ve usually let it sit for about an hour and have never had problems removing SG. Proper application (super thin) technique is key for easy removal.

I do the two towel method with one wet and one dry. Pass over with the wet one first and then the dry one. Easy as that.

RatedG
06-04-2005, 05:10 AM
Where can I buy small spray bottles for AIO and SG?

Since it`s recommended that we always use less than what we always usually use, tiny spray bottles would be perfect to keep us from overdoing it.

Inexpensive spray bottles around the size of cologne bottles or even smaller would be perfect to keep in the car while keeping the big bottles at home. Where do you guys think we can get em locally?