PDA

View Full Version : ZFX Question

Yaemish
05-30-2005, 07:00 PM
My question pertains to ZFX. Last year when I first tried Zaino, I used the ZFX with the Z2 for my first coat and then layerd on top of that without ZFX. I kind of felt that the ZFX may have just been a gimick, being that it was so small and inexpensive to produce but sold for $20. I didn`t really notice any difference when using it.

This year when I put on my first layer of Z2, I didn`t use the ZFX. After about a month and a half, parts of the paint still bead but when I wash it, it seems like water is sheeting instead of beading.

I`ve been using Z6 after most washes. Do you guys think the Z has began wearing off already?

JustinL67
05-30-2005, 07:03 PM
ZFX or Z-1 are pretty much required for at least your first coat of Z-2,3, or 5

Intercooled
05-30-2005, 07:09 PM
Yes you need to use ZFX for the first coat/ base coat. After that you can use regular Z2/Z5 without ZFX but only one coat in 24hrs. If you want to put on multiple coats, you need to use ZFX.

It sounds like this year when you used Z2 with no ZFX for your first coat it didn`t bond/ adhere properly.

Gen2
05-30-2005, 08:36 PM
Many people have mentioned that the first coat of Z2/Z2pro is recommanded to go with ZFX than subseqently just follow by Z2 alone for maintainance. So my question is if I decide not to polish the car and only wash the car with car shampoo every week after using Z2/Z2pro with ZFX for the first time, does that mean there is no need for me to add ZFX anymore and by just keep adding Z2/Z2pro every month will be enough ?

JasonC8301
05-30-2005, 10:50 PM
Me personally after polishing a paint finish, I wash it with dawn to remove the polishing oils so my Z1 or ZFX /Z2 or Z5 will have a good finish to stick to.

After washing with Z7 you can add on a lyer or two of Z2/Z5. My take on Z1 / ZFX is use ZFX once a year or whenever I want multiple coats and use Z1 every other coat. Granted I had my car only two months, I have 2X Z2 Pro on it with ZFX (and Z6 after each coat) after my initial clay and spot removal of a small patch of swirls (washed with dawn.) Since then I`ve been using Z7 to wash every chance I get (usally once, sometimes twice a week) and use Z6 on bird bombs. Then last week I added on a coat of Z1 and Z2 Pro after a Z7 wash and then Z8`d the paint after removing the residue.

I never have Z6`d my car before and I really don`t want to because a wash to me seems a lot safer.

X-Trail
05-31-2005, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Gen2

Many people have mentioned that the first coat of Z2/Z2pro is recommanded to go with ZFX than subseqently just follow by Z2 alone for maintainance. So my question is if I decide not to polish the car and only wash the car with car shampoo every week after using Z2/Z2pro with ZFX for the first time, does that mean there is no need for me to add ZFX anymore and by just keep adding Z2/Z2pro every month will be enough ?

Just apply ZFX Z2/Z5 for every 10th coating. I think thats what`s recommended. Personally i just keep adding Z2/Z5 without ZFX all the time.

JamRWS6
06-01-2005, 01:26 AM
Personally, I`ll never use Z1 again now that ZFX is so much easier to use and doesn`t require rubbing the whole car an extra time.