PDA

View Full Version : So I got good news tonight.

MongooseGA
05-29-2005, 09:56 PM
I`m driving up to PA the week school gets out to work on my uncle`s `70.5 Camaro. The plan is to pull the wheels, bumpers, and trim and strip the 35 year old lime green paint. Then we`ll spray on a coat of primer and bring it to my other uncle`s [in law] body shop to be painted. This is what I`ve been wanting to do for the past 4-5 years.

For the color, my Uncle and I are on he same page in that we want some kind of grey metallic color with the obligatory racing stripes down the hood and trunk. I had thought of Dodge`s Charcoal Metallic (or something like that) as the perfect color. It`s used on the Rams.

But, being that the paint is still a current color, buying it will be expenisve. My question to you is, where can my Uncle and I find a similar metallic grey color that won`t cost as much as the Dodge color? I assume we can mix our own, but I don`t know much about that. I`ll have to take a trip to our trusted body guy this week and see what he thinks also.

The car will get a few coats of clear as well, if that makes any difference.

TIA,

94BlkStang
05-29-2005, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by MongooseGA

But, being that the paint is still a current color, buying it will be expenisve.

TIA,

Why should it be any more expensive than any other gray color? I don`t see how it being new should make a difference as they just mix it to formula from the base color and tints they have just like an old paint color.:nixweiss

Beercan31
05-29-2005, 10:39 PM
House of kolo

will match any color you want and if it`s a special they will give you the mix rate formula so you can have some touch-up made later on.

here you can find the color your looking for

http://www.hokpaint.com/scripts/depot.exe?pgm=hokpearls.bbx

but on my computer the paint chips don`t show up to will

good luck