PDA

View Full Version : Klasse Twins

Lolt345
05-29-2005, 08:25 PM
I just washed and detailed my car yesterday. I only had time to polish with P21S and than apply AIO. I didn`t apply SG or #16. If I was my car again, would I have to apply AIO again than apply SG or #16? Can I just wash my car and apply SG or #16?

Should I layer some SG and than #16 or just layer #16 over the AIO? What do you suggest?

JasonD
05-29-2005, 08:29 PM
You can wash your car without having to polish with AIO again. If you would have waited longer than a week or two, I`d say to AIO again, but you didn`t, so you should be fine.

I`d do a few layers of SG with at least 24 hours between each layer, and then top it with #16, if you choose.

Keep in mind that while you add a little depth with #16, you will lose some reflectivity. This is pure preference, but I`d consider just doing multiple coats of SG and leaving it at that.

What color car do you have?

Lolt345
05-29-2005, 09:01 PM
My paint is black with specs of blue. It`s the nighthawk black pearl paint on the 04 TL.

I like how when you have #16, the water just seems to fly off. Not really the reason though.

I do like how it brings out the color on my car.

Last year I had AIO, 3 layers of SG, and 2 layers of #16. I always spend the whole day washing my car. Like 8 hours. Now I don`t have the time anymore.

Also wanted to try something different. AIO and than layer #16.