PDA

View Full Version : Microfiber leaves trail of tiny water droplets

lorkp
05-29-2005, 06:59 PM
I just washed my car. To dry the car, I did the sheeting procedure and then started to pick up the leftover water with my microfiber towel. However, the towel lefts really small beads of water. The towel never completely removed all visible water. These small beeds then dried to leave water marks! What`s up with this? What am I doing wrong?

JasonD
05-29-2005, 07:05 PM
You aren`t wringing it out good enough. When a mf towel is new, this can sometimes be an issue but as you *break them in* they will get softer and easier to wring out.

FYI, using a towel that`s too big will be harder to wring out vs. a smaller one.

rkf76
05-30-2005, 12:36 AM
I use "The Absorber" to dry my car. It doesn`t marr the paint and removes alot of water in one fell swoop. Makes life easy.

White95Max
05-30-2005, 01:27 AM
I sometimes have that happen when I try to dry the whole car with one WW towel. I use a second one to clean up any small beads/streaks left by the first towel. Works like a charm.

TEGBOY
05-30-2005, 04:38 AM
I blot instead of dragging the MF/WW across the surface, works for me

ktlimq
05-30-2005, 05:10 AM
rkf76,

Don`t you feel "The Absorber" or TurtleWax Miracle Towel has too much friction?

I might have used it wrong, but I felt much drag. I thought that was why Mothers was agains both natural and synthetic chamois.

imported_CBX Carl
05-30-2005, 07:45 AM
I use two MF towels to dry. One is for the initial wipe then I follow with the dry second one for the final pass. I try to be efficient and dry panel by panel going around the car only once if possible.

Accumulator
05-30-2005, 09:37 AM
lorkp - Same thing happens for me when I use "regular" MFs (and the Absorber and chamois, etc.). Try *waffle-weave* MFs, they`re a whole `nother story and work great for drying. They will get *all* the water. But buy a few of them, nothing seems to work 100% once it`s been fully saturated.

imported_themightytimmah
05-30-2005, 05:21 PM
I wipe it with a WW until 95+% of the water is off, then mist it with Spray+Gloss, and wipe it off with a regular MF (PB`s Velvet Smooth).

imported_Denzil
05-31-2005, 12:51 AM
I can definitely say that WW`s work much better than The Absorber from experience. I can pretty much dry my entire car only having to wring out my WW once to do touch-up drying. On the other hand, The Absorber requires multiple wring-outs which I`d like to avoid. Spend more time drying and less time wringing out.

imported_garyo
05-31-2005, 06:26 AM
Realize that not all WW are created equal either. I have the trail problem with the Sonus Der Wunder towels. Had them for a year now...washed many, many times...still get trails. However, I have 4 other brand WWs that produce no trails.

EBPcivicsi
05-31-2005, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by bet993

Realize that not all WW are created equal either. I have the trail problem with the Sonus Der Wunder towels. Had them for a year now...washed many, many times...still get trails. However, I have 4 other brand WWs that produce no trails.

Hmmm, that is one of my most absorbant WW`s.

To the OP, you haven`t used WAUD with the towel have you?

Spilchy
05-31-2005, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by ebpcivicsi

Hmmm, that is one of my most absorbant WW`s.

I hate to say it but I have been disapointed with my Sonus WW`s. I find them rough and not terribly absorbant. I do not see why folks find them so great. They`re too expensive.

On the other hand I have a had great success with the old big blue drying towels from CMA and the old Pinnacle Cobra drying towels from Autogeek. Not to mention the Viking towels discontinued from the Autopian store.

I am enjoying the Vroom drying towels fom target. Just like the Vikings only the size of a bath towel!

But, regarding Sonus polishing and buffing MF`s; they`re excellent :xyxthumbs

stevet
05-31-2005, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by ktlimq

rkf76,

Don`t you feel "The Absorber" or TurtleWax Miracle Towel has too much friction?

I might have used it wrong, but I felt much drag. I thought that was why Mothers was agains both natural and synthetic chamois.

Yeah I used the Absorber once and it was just terrible. It didn`t absorb nearly as good as a waffle weave and if you tried to drag it had a lot of resistance. Also no nap at all. I have been using the waffle weaves now for over two years and there is nothing else like them IMO.