PDA

View Full Version : First attempt at polishing

NorCalRT
05-28-2005, 04:42 PM
Made my first attempt at polishing today, went pretty well I think. First clayed the truck with Meguiars quick clay. I then went at it with the SFX-2 on a barrowed polisher (it was an ok polisher, but I think I`ll step up and buy the 7424 for next time). But anyways, I started on the hood and just let the polisher do its thing. Was able to get out all the little swirls and hard water marks farely easy. Afterwords I aplied a coat of Klasse all-in-one and had my buddy tint the windshield:cool: By the time I got around to photos the clouds had rolled in, so forgive the lack of detail in them. But the paint definitly has more depth than it has ever had before. I`m hopin to get some Klasse glaze on it soon too, just need the sun to come out and the wind to die down for a bit. Damn polin is everywhere:mad:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/brett6485/IMG_2903.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/brett6485/IMG_2902.jpg

DSVWGLI
05-28-2005, 06:28 PM
Welcome:D Looks good for your first time, some close ups in the sun would be nice, but over all you did a fine job.

182_blue
05-29-2005, 02:36 AM
looking good, what polisher did you use

tensors22288
05-29-2005, 06:12 AM
nice *** car man. wish they didnt have tint restrictions in nj cause that really sets the ride off. great work an truck looks awesome, it lowered?

NorCalRT
05-29-2005, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the compliments, next time I`ll have some close up pics for sure. As for the polisher I`m not really sure, looked and acted like a buffer turned into a polisher to me, way more tourqe than expected a polisher to have. I`m really itch`n to get my hands on the 7424 now.

As for the truck, yes we have strict tint laws here too. By sticking with 20% all around and 50% on the windsheild cops can still see in the truck, and I get all the cool reflections/look of a nice tinted truck without the cops bothering me. Plus it gets rid of annoying headlight glare and my interior is now 100% protected from UV rays:woot: The truck is also lowered with Hotchkis suspension, and with the new sways, the truck handles way better than any truck should ever handle. I`ll have plenty of new pics soon, my new rims should be here by next weekend. CCW SP200`s here I come!

tensors22288
05-29-2005, 06:36 PM
what r ur restrictions though. because jersey is anything on back side windows and back window but we can`t have ANY on the fronts. i dont know why they do this, i was itchin to do 20 all around but i have friends that get pulled over often for it, dont know if its worth it. btw how much did ur whole thing cost? mine was set at 550$ for 20 all around on a large SUV, u can see it in my sig. dont know if that is a reasonable price

NorCalRT
05-29-2005, 07:34 PM
We have the exact same laws as you, however its more of a reason for cops to pull you over. If you dont drive like an idiot you dont normaly get harrassed. As for tint, I got mine at the friend price, 250 all said and done. Going rate though is 50 a side window, 100 for the rear, 150 for sliding rear and 200 for the windshield.