PDA

View Full Version : Yorker or Flip-top dispensers on bottles?

Pages : [1] 2

AMDin93103
05-28-2005, 08:54 AM
I am looking at 8 oz. bottles for the majority of my liquid arsenal. I have had all of my polishes/compounds/etc in handled totes on a shelf in my van but need to rid the shelf. Short of the long. . .

What dispensing lild works best for you? Being a mobile operation I think I would just lose the red caps off the Yorker (thus getting dried product) but find that the Flip-tops "splat" if you don`t "slosh" the product properly.

I only ask because I am looking at purchasing 30-40 misc bottles. Yes I am a product wh***. TIA.

Bill D
05-28-2005, 09:00 AM
I like 2 oz for my personal detailing. I just ordered a dozen more to hold more LSPs and polishes and for me, the flip tops work like a charm. :up

imported_guapsnaman
05-28-2005, 09:03 AM
I have the yorkers where i keep my AIO ans SG. They work perfectly fine, however when i remove the red caps, I make it a priority to never forget where i place it. It`s extra work to make sure those little things get lost, so maybe next time i need bottles I`ll purchase those flip tops. Those work fine for my poorboy`s products.

imported_Sullybob
05-28-2005, 09:05 AM
I am all about flip tops. The down side to the flip tops is that if I don`t wipe the tops I get dried up product on the flip spout.

I would drop those caps and it would end up rolling to the center of the vehicle.

AMDin93103
05-28-2005, 09:05 AM
Thanks Bill. I have 12 tabs on their website open and now I can close 5, , and probably open another 10! USP is like a freaking toy store!

Bill D
05-28-2005, 09:10 AM
I try make it a habit to periodically clean my flip top caps in naphtha (thanks Deanski) especially after using several products in one session. I use a small paint brush to agitate and get out any clumps of polish that might be clogging.

Wasatch
05-28-2005, 09:11 AM
USPlastics is awesome, I get the flip tops as well (4oz.).

rollman
05-28-2005, 12:13 PM
IMO I like using the flip tops , like yourself I`m mobile . Those red tops won`t last long . Right now I use a 6 oz bottle and find that to be a good size , it can fits nicely in pockets . Get some extra tops just to have , they aren`t that expensive .

Bill D
05-28-2005, 12:28 PM
Here`s how I like to store mine. (http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=549968&highlight=bottles#post549968) I`m not sure if you can store the same way with 6oz bottles though.

Spilchy
05-28-2005, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by John Styrnol

USPlastics is awesome, I get the flip tops as well (4oz.).

I use them too for plastics a lot. But they send me all this literature on Jesus and stuff in the box :nixweiss Do you guys get that too? It`s like an "inspirational" pamphlet that spews all this religious rhetoric. It`s odd for a company to send this to a customer unsolicited.

Whenever I order from them, I mail the literature back :p

AMDin93103
05-28-2005, 12:39 PM
I found US Plastics shipping a little high, I am in Ca. I split my order between USP and Specialtybottle.com and this is what I came up with:

HDPE Plastic Bottle 8oz w/ Fliptop ( 24x$0.40 )

HDPE Plastic Bottle 8oz w/ White Atomizer ( 4x$0.67 )

HDPE Plastic Bottle 4oz w/ Black Cap ( 2x$0.32 )

HDPE Plastic Bottle 4oz w/ Fliptop ( 4x$0.35 )

32 oz. Bottle 1/2 and 1 oz Dispensing Chambers

1 Gallon Translucent Bottle and Pump 38mm Cap

16 oz. Bottle 1/2 and 1 oz Dispensing Chambers

12" x 8 1/4" PVC Cone (x2)

I still cant believe that I am paying $35 in shipping for $40 in product but whatchyou-gunnado? I am getting door shelves for my van and will be placing the paint prep/LSP`s there for easier access. Should be nice. Thanks for the help people.

Bill D
05-28-2005, 12:46 PM
I ordered from Speciality Bottle this time. He he, the shipping cost almost as much as the order with the bottles @25 cents each.

LOTA OT
05-28-2005, 02:07 PM
Check amazon, not sure they have everything on your list and initial prices might be a little higher, but you get free shipping on most orders over $25. I know is a recent sample exchange thread, we were looking there to get the smaller bottles.

Beason
05-28-2005, 03:38 PM
Ive seen some Yorkers with a cap that is attached to the neck. Never lose the cap.

mtwedt
05-28-2005, 04:23 PM
I have good luck with the 2oz flip tops. You can get them on line or at Storables, if you have one nearby. Another place to check locally would be a crafts store and consider the savings in S/H when evaluating price. The absolute best container I`ve found for car shampoos are the twin neck bottles that Ranney over at PakShak sells. It`s the bottle used to package Microrestore. Ranney has 16 and 32 oz bottles that measure 1/2-1oz with a squeeze of the bottle. They work great for QEW, PB`s SSS and even Meg`s GC, which is very thick. I would think it an excellent container for the mobile detailer in particular. You can buy them from some of the container manufacturers, but often get hit with a 10.00 small quantity handling charge, so I just bought 3 from Ranney instead.