PDA

View Full Version : I Hate Geese!

Yaemish
05-27-2005, 03:15 PM
Leaving work today I was welcomed with remains of four or five different bird`s lunches. Went home and washed the car off right away. There was still some marks left behind that just wouldn`t come out so I just hit it with SSR2.5 and Orange and there is still small traces left behind.

Did the stuff actually eat into the paint? Is there any hope? Will Batman find the Joker in time (that was a great show)???

imported_memnuts
05-27-2005, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Yaemish

Leaving work today I was welcomed with remains of four or five different bird`s lunches. Went home and washed the car off right away. There was still some marks left behind that just wouldn`t come out so I just hit it with SSR2.5 and Orange and there is still small traces left behind.

Did the stuff actually eat into the paint? Is there any hope? Will Batman find the Joker in time (that was a great show)???

What type of LSP were you using? It really doesn`t matter because most LSP will not withstand certain bird droppings. Yes these events can seriously etch the clearcoat quite easily.

Hope everything whats out.

The Green Hornet was an ever better show. ;)

SVR
05-27-2005, 04:20 PM
Get as much of it out as possible with the buff and try P21s finish restorer on the bird dropping stain using a microfibre applicator pad and make sure to use extremely small amount and spray area with a quick detailer a little and also dampen the pad

I was amazed to find that using moderate pressure on a really nasty bird s**t stain that had been on the car for a few years that the P21s almost totally removed it

Now it`s only noticeable if you look at the paint from point blank with a fluoro light shining on it. Before it was standing out like dog`s balls

Also took out some fresh water spots with ease.

Yaemish
05-27-2005, 04:22 PM
That stuff will work when even the SSR2.5 and cutting pad wouldn`t?? Who makes it and where can I buy it?

Oh and I was using Z2 + Z5

the other pc
05-27-2005, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Yaemish

Leaving work today I was welcomed with remains of four or five different bird`s lunches. ...Did the stuff actually eat into the paint? Is there any hope? Will Batman find the Joker in time (that was a great show)??? Holy bat-guano Batman!

Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

...The Green Hornet was an ever better show. ;) Amen brother! :up

PC.

Mochamanz1
05-27-2005, 06:17 PM
It wasn`t Geese.....IMHO ! If it had been Geese, the car would be covered. Geese are overachievers in that dept. Volume like a medium sized dog.... Thank God they don`t usually (never seen it) poop while in flight. I am quite close to water, and I check my car every couple hours at work.... Sea Gulls, crows , pigeons, and a host of other critters that seem to aim for a shiny patch. Great aims too! Imagine hitting something from the end with no eyes ! Must be something genetic working there. :rofl

Bird poop is quite acidic, and on top of that, they eat sand gravel, etc- to help them break down the food they eat. So my pet peeve is when I see people pour water on the poop and rub it off like they are polishing or something.:hairpull :nono I use a utility MF and QD and lifting actions to remove all the solids that I can, then another spray and gentle dabbing pick up action. After that I re-wet and gently rub. Such a great way to generate laundry !:nixweiss

Edit: My co-workers think I am nuts ! I see them with the rust blooms on the top surfaces of relatively new cars and I have to bite my tongue.... I have this insidious passive aggressive vengeance thing going on.... I should show them.... but they think I am nuts ! :grrr

Yaemish
05-27-2005, 06:39 PM
You`re probably right about it not being geese, I thought it was them right away based on the fact that they are always around a nearby pond.

I should have immediately known it wasn`t from them. In colllege our practice field for lacrosse was just covered in the stuff. I twas so bad that every day you just knew you were going to be rolling all through it and eventually you don`t think much of it.

I don`t think there is much more I could do, if the Orange with SSR2.5 wouldn`t do it on numerous passes then its deep down in there and has done its damage. I just applied some Z2 and will buff it off in the morning. This whole thing has just ruined my 3 day weekend. Of course, if anyone has some suggestions I would love to hear them.

imported_themightytimmah
05-28-2005, 10:06 AM
If you continually have these bird problems, try Collinite. It`ll stand firm when Zaino won`t.

lbls1
05-28-2005, 12:34 PM
Carry a squeegie bottle with you (I do). It helps fight the bombs from drying.

It has been my experience, though, that even though the splat may etch in the paint, in time the splat will wear out. You can, of course, hit the area with an aggressive paint cleaner or polish.

imported_memnuts
05-28-2005, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by themightytimmah

If you continually have these bird problems, try Collinite. It`ll stand firm when Zaino won`t.

Not a Boston seagull`s droppings. At least from my personal experience. The chemistry just doesn`t allow any microlayer of protection to withstand these types of assaults if allowed to remain in place any significant amount of time. :(

Bird droppings consist of not only digestive waste but also urinary waste. Quite a mix and dependent on the avian`s diet can be quite appearance lethal to a vehicle`s finish.

Mark77
05-28-2005, 02:26 PM
I got some dropping on my roof a few days ago and i just sprayed on some QEW solution and soaked it up with a MF towel, very easy and it left nothing behind.

medic159
05-28-2005, 02:40 PM
Look at it this way... thank your lucky stars you`re not this guy!

http://leocerruti.com/gulls.jpg

imported_ssorange
06-04-2005, 01:45 PM
How about me.....my house has power lines running right over the driveway. And many of my neighbors have bird feeders. Guess where those damn birds decide to rest...Yup right over my driveway.

I`ll be washing my car and the birds will be poopin on it at the same time. Sometimes I think I can hear them laughin at me.

The local gov. won`t let me build a carport. I think I`m gona move.

harvey
06-04-2005, 02:27 PM
Try sparkling water. It the best stuff to get the bird stuff off.