PDA

View Full Version : Need some suggestions or Advice.

Beason
05-27-2005, 11:18 AM
Well I just placed an order for a few new products from PakShak and was wondering if yall would help me make my car look better. Two weeks ago I did a deep polish, but still have alittle marring left over from SSR2.5. So I want to get ride of that and just give me car a good finish. I have a black tahoe and these are the products I have or will be getting in my shipment.

Polishes

SSR1

AIO (Never Used it)

Meg Swirl Free Polish

Glazes

VM

RMG (Never Used It)

Sealants

EX-P

EX-P+(Never Used It)

Waxes

Meg. #16

Natty Paste Wax

I was for sure going to do a light polishing followed by glaze then maybe a sealant and a good wax. So out of those help me pick a good 3-4 step process. I will be waxing the car twice to make sure of complete coverage.

Wasatch
05-27-2005, 12:04 PM
To get rid of the marring: SSR1, VM, RMG should to the trick. EX-P and EX-P+ are the same thing, actually there is no product called EX-P+, the formula has changed but the name remains. I would go with the EX-P topped with the Natty`s.

Beason
05-27-2005, 01:32 PM
Im just using EX-P and EX-P+ to distinguish between the new and old fomulas.

imported_themightytimmah
05-28-2005, 08:45 PM
You call that a [/B]few[B] new products?!?!!? :). Welcome to the club :). Personally, I`d go for SSR1 then VM followed by RMG followed by #16 x2, but that`s just my personal preferance. That`s going to give a soaking wet look, that`s not the clearest, but will blow the socks of you if you have my taste. Some guys prefer clearer reflections, in which case I`d suggest SSR1 -> AIO -> #20 (if you`re a Zaino type guy, you`ll probably like it).

Beason
05-28-2005, 09:26 PM
ive had most of those, only new ones are AIO, RMG, EX-P+ and Nattys

Beason
05-28-2005, 09:29 PM
I think I finally decided on going SSR1, RMG and #16 x2. Im going to try AIO and #20 on a plane later next week. See how that looks and lasts under harsh some enviroments

Scottwax
05-30-2005, 09:33 PM
What pad did you use with 2.5? If you used a cutting pad, I`d go over the paint again using a polishing pad to remove the marring. Make sure to work it until it clears out.

After that, any light polish should work fine.

Personally, I`d go #82 > RMG > seal/wax

jetskie
05-31-2005, 10:23 AM
IMO #82 or SSR1 should do the trick for removing marring if they are not too sever. As Scottwax said you might need to do SSR2.5 with a polishing pad. As far as using RMG or VM I would probably use AIO instead as I think that it will allow the sealant to bond better. Then use EX-P and Natty. Of course that just my opinon.