PDA

View Full Version : #80 or SSR1

dalepearson
05-27-2005, 08:53 AM
Guys,

opinions please. I am looking for a light minimal abrasive polish, I wont use it very often once/twice a year but want good results.

I am in the UK and I think I have narrowed it down to either Megs #80 Speed Glaze, or Poor Boys SSR1.

What would you guys recomend.

Car is silverish light grey.

Thanks

Dale

Richt
05-27-2005, 08:59 AM
I have gone for the Speed Glaze, hoping it will be enough to remove the marks I have in mine. SSR 1 is sun friendly though. I plan to have both in time.

jetskie
05-27-2005, 10:30 AM
I really depends on what are you looking for. #80 is better at removing defects than SSR1 and is mild enough for use 2 or more times a year. SSR1 has the advantage of working in the sun and does not contain fillers so you can actually see the work you have done. Also consider the type of LSP your using as the polymers in #80 can affect its bonding. If I had to make a choice for 1 of them then I say #80 because it can remove more defects.

Accumulator
05-27-2005, 11:28 AM
Besides the LSP issue, if it`s a nearly-perfect finish to start with, and likely to stay that way, then I might consider the SSR1. Otherwise I`d go with the #80.

dalepearson
05-27-2005, 04:42 PM
I plan to use AIO after this application, so think there shouldnt be any issues there. Due to the car I take, and the colour of the paint, there is no real swirls, very hard to see any that may exist. I just want something to give it some shine, and keep it A1 and be gentle too.

Accumulator
05-28-2005, 08:50 AM
FWIW, I never like using AIO after #80. I like the oils/etc. effect that #80 leaves and I don`t like cleaning it off with the AIO. So I guess I`d go with the SSR.