PDA

View Full Version : Blitz and collinite wax

Pages : [1] 2

imported_turbomangt
05-27-2005, 04:48 AM
Anyone ever use these products? Gary

Richt
05-27-2005, 05:50 AM
Not used the Blitz for a long while still have half a can sat unused.

Do a search it was discussed lots a few years ago, plus a few use it still today.

Collinite is discussed on here a bit to as it is seen as the heavy duty Carnuba.

truvette
05-27-2005, 07:15 AM
After years of trying many paint sealants, and ultimately being disappointed, I finally went back to Blitz just a few weeks ago. Let me tell you, I did not realize what I was missing all of these years!

Blitz IS my favorite carnauba...hands down! I`ve tried all of the fancy boutique waxes, but have walked away disappointed as they serve little purpose on my daily drivers. Sure, the look they give is fantastic, but I have little time to be re-waxing every weekend. Blitz picks up the tab quite nicely in the durability category.

If you haven`t tried Blitz yet, I highly encourage you to do so. It offers great depth, shine, and durability for a price that won`t bust your wallet. Sure, it`s not the most talked about LSP here anymore...but what natural wax product is with all of the carnauba bashers out there?

After seeing many of the high-end vehicles that you detail, I would say that many of your customers will be more than satisfied with the look that Blitz offers, especially on darker-colored vehicles. I`d even go as far as saying that Blitz is the "discriminating" enthusiast`s wax. Heck, if it is good enough for the royal mews of the Queen of England, then it must be good for me too! From what I have read also, Jerry Seinfeld uses it on his quite rare and exotic collection of Porsches. If you use Blitz wax, then let`s just say that you`re in good company... :wavey

I know that sometimes descriptions can be limiting, so I`ve included a link with some of my work with Blitz. As you can see, the pictures speak for themselves. You simply can`t beat the depth, shine, and liquidity of this wax!

Blitz Wax Pictures (http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=50675&highlight=Blitz+Wax)

If you have any further questions or would like more pictures, please feel free to contact me.

percynjpn
05-27-2005, 07:33 AM
I am a big fan of Blitz, as well. It looks great, is very easy to apply and remove, and LASTS for months!! I think you`ll find that more than "a few" are still Blitz enthusiasts.

I haven`t tried Collinite, but from everything I`ve read it`s supposed to be the longest lasting caranuba in the world, though I haven`t heard any particular praise about the look it gives. I`ve also heard that it`s pretty difficult to remove.

AlexRuiz
05-27-2005, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by percynjpn

I am a big fan of Blitz, as well. It looks great, is very easy to apply and remove, and LASTS for months!! I think you`ll find that more than "a few" are still Blitz enthusiasts.

I haven`t tried Collinite, but from everything I`ve read it`s supposed to be the longest lasting caranuba in the world, though I haven`t heard any particular praise about the look it gives. I`ve also heard that it`s pretty difficult to remove.

I will have to try blitz :o

Collinte 476S is the most durable carnauba, but as you mention, removal is not that easy and the looks are not souveran killer. Collinite 845 on the other hand is almost as durable as the 476S, but looks as good as S100 in my eyes (deep, and very shiny) and is also as easy to remove as S100, but will murder S100 in durability.

I think turbomangt will be happy with any Collinite (845 recommended as first choice), and based on the blitz comments I think he will be happy also. Try them both and pick your best fit!

percynjpn
05-27-2005, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by AlexRuiz

If you do, you won`t regret it;)

truvette
05-27-2005, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by AlexRuiz

Please do tell us your thoughts when you get the chance to try it. I always love hearing Blitz success stories! :woot:

Lowejackson
05-27-2005, 12:08 PM
It is still my favourite wax, looks great and lasts a long time

brwill2005
05-27-2005, 12:56 PM
I agree. I dont really use it much anymore, but sometimes I really wonder why I dont. Blitz is definitely a good wax.

imported_Intermezzo
05-27-2005, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Lowejackson

It is still my favourite wax, looks great and lasts a long time

It`s also very user-friendly, especially when you consider the fact that it`s a paste wax.

If you happen to get any on your plastic or rubber trim, be sure to wipe it off right away.

I like the way it looks on dark colors (Meguiar`s Hand Polish + Blitz Wax below)... Sorry about the picture quality.. It was scanned from a Canon Elph..

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/TonyRanni/SuziBimmer/41860001.jpg

wannafbody
05-27-2005, 01:27 PM
Collinite 845 has a glow that really looks nice on dark colors

atticdog
05-27-2005, 02:06 PM
I agree on collinite 845 and s100 looking similar

stevet
05-27-2005, 02:38 PM
I use Collinte 845 and 476s and they are very good. Never tried Blitz but I hear it`s a nightmare on trim.

atticdog
05-27-2005, 02:39 PM
stevet what do you notice is different bewteen those 2 i only have 845

imported_Aurora40
05-27-2005, 02:45 PM
I wrote up a review of Blitz not too long ago:

http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49427&highlight=blitz

http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49477&highlight=blitz

It`s a nice product, easy to use, seems like a rich carnauba look, and it lasts nicely. I hate the lid on the can, though.