PDA

View Full Version : superglue off leather??

druuu88
05-26-2005, 09:34 PM
To make a long story short, i got some super glue on my leather seats inside my 1997 Acura 3.5 RL. It is the tan colored leather, and the spot isnt bad, but like any other autopian, it is bothersome. Any suggestions on how to get it off??? I dont wanna hurt the leather....and i cant come up with any ideas. I have trieg Megs leather foam cleaner with 0 success. ANY suggestions would be helpful.....

imported_animes2k
05-27-2005, 12:13 AM
This thread over on s2ki sort of answers it:

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=149485&view=findpost&p=2244665

The guy over there does nothing but leather...

We just did this today on SiDriver`s Car, we were able to melt the glue to the point where it was such a thin film, that it came right off, next we refinished to make it look like new again. This is an easy fix for a professional, but not something you could realy do on your own. If you are near NJ stop by, or if not let me know where you are located and I can recommend someone. Check out the thread SiDriver has on here about his superglue problem, it is the same thing.

Reflections1
06-12-2005, 09:09 PM
Being a radio control airplane builder for years, I have used CA (super) glues for much of my building. You can go to a hobby shop and buy a debonding solution. I have used it to get parts unglued and even my fingers from time to time. I would test it on a hidden area first to ame sure it doesnt discolor the leather.