PDA

View Full Version : Need excellent advice! Maybe a mentor?

Campese
05-26-2005, 06:20 PM
Alright, I know this is a long shot, but after searching the internet FOREVER I thought I would just ask everyone here because I spend most of my time reading everyone else`s threads and they get a lot of good advice. I LOVE to detail and if you`ve ever posted a thread I probably have read it. Anyway, I have an excellent idea for a Full Detail/ automatic wash/self service wash site to serve the diverse needs of my community. I also have an excellent site. But, of course, what I don`t have is MONEY, and I am not an experienced businessman, besides my small detail operation (refferalls only). I am looking for ANYONE who has been able to build their own detail shop, or car wash, or an all in one oil/wash/detail facility without having a lot of their own money. I`ll even take advice from anyone who has built any large business from scratch. I am looking for any and all advice and hopefully a mentor if anyone is from central ohio. Any advice will be truly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read. Here is my email. I check it often Campese67hotmail.com

jimmybuffit
05-26-2005, 06:46 PM
If the mentor/angel came along, would you be able to offer a specific plan of business, and the specific funds required? And a specific method, manner, and time for repayment? And what recourse/collateral would an angel have if you couldn`t/ wouldn`t pay?

Odds are that you are young.

Do good work

Work Smart.

Work hard.

Work long hours

Stop spending money.

SAVE as much as you can!!!!

Get the trend of this post?

Oh yeah, Stop spending, and do good work.

:)

Jim

Lowejackson
05-27-2005, 11:53 AM
Also factor how much you need to survive ie pay the crucial bills and for how long can you last on minimum income.

How much do you consider you need to start, how much do you need to borrow and what security can you offer, if you require large start-up costs.

Anthony O.
05-27-2005, 02:35 PM
You are looking at at least 1 million for the average car wash/lube type of biz. In many areas that might be on the low end.

A friend here in Texas started a small car wash biz some years ago and it cost him around $80 thousand.

It`s not easy so make sure you do alot of research.

Antony

Str8lucky
01-14-2007, 08:58 AM
A buddy of mine actually applied for an SBA loan and got about 650.000 to get himself started. I know that will not purchase an already established self/serve wash but it is a start. He purchased a small building for around 150K, had 2 bays built , and then remodled the inside of the building to be used as a garage. He did that himself so I do not know what that cost him.

Take what Lowejackson said to heart. That is where my buddy made a mistake. His placed looked great but he couldn`t afford to pay for his home and other items while he built the business. He had to close it down and is in quite the financial whole right now.

I am getting ready to do what you are talking about. I wish you the best of luck. I have saved for close to 2 1/2 years to just be able to buy 2 enclosed trailers and all new equipment. After that, I have about 6 months worth of "bill" money in the bank. Even with that, I am pretty scared.

Good Luck.

STR8LUCKY.

Clearwater Florida

imported_JoshVette
01-15-2007, 07:25 AM
You probably need to find some local car wash owners and go talk to them, see what they have to say.

I know you can make a ton of money with a self serve car wash provided it`s in the right place.