PDA

View Full Version : Zaino and SFP?

trueblueblood
05-26-2005, 09:57 AM
Anybody see a problem with using Meguiars SFP and applying Zaino right afterwards?

I believe SFP is body shop safe and doesn`t contain fillers:nixweiss .

ZaneO
05-26-2005, 10:22 AM
I haven`t used SFP, but I understood most Meguiar`s polishes to have "trade secret oils" which may cause a problem.

Someone else might be able to share a direct experience.

imported_animes2k
05-26-2005, 11:27 AM
In my communication with Sal Zaino, he said that any sort of glaze or even SMR would require a wash before applying Zaino, lest the bonding of Zaino be severely compromised.

SK2003TypeS
05-27-2005, 07:56 AM
My experiences with "oily" products prior to Z without a wash have been positive on the appearance side. I used Pinnacle PCL and then went straight to Z.

The life of it would be in question. Probably would`ve gotten more months out of it. I went about 6 months before I noticed the paint was getting hungry.

I believe NSXNEXT recently tried #80 and then went straight to Z. I think the appearance was great, but I don`t recall the life.

Experimentation is fun.:xyxthumbs

Mochamanz1
05-27-2005, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by SK2003TypeS

Experimentation is fun.:xyxthumbs

Absolutely !:xyxthumbs But I have learned that bare, clean paint, is the durbility champ for Zaino. If you do use something first AIO is second. If you are not concerned about durability, explore the possibilities !:bounce

trueblueblood
05-27-2005, 08:52 AM
Well how would a product like SSR1 which says it contains no wax or silicone work in this situation?

With the new Zaino cleaner/polish coming out what makes it so that you wouldn`t have bonding issues, and what other polishes share these characteristics?

I have a few weeks I`m gonna be off coming up and wanted to detail a few friends and families cars. Since I know they aren`t a nut like I am about my car I try to use the most durable products for them.

Thanks for the input so far:xyxthumbs