PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a favorite sunscreen?

White95Max
05-26-2005, 09:45 AM
I got my first light sunburn of the year a few days ago when I went kayaking. :(

So I was wondering if anyone had a favorite sunscreen? I`d prefer one that isn`t real greasy, and doesn`t have much of a smell.

TW85 HHI
05-26-2005, 10:10 AM
Neutrogena Sensitive Skin SunBlock Lotion for my face and neck and CopperTone Sport Gel for the rest of my body.

We went out in our boat a couple of weeks ago and I was standing under the T-Top the entire time. I forgot to put sunscreen on and my arms were fried. Proof that you can become sunburned even in shade!

White95Max
05-26-2005, 12:42 PM
Are those locally available products? I realize what is locally available in HHI may not be locally available here.

TW85 HHI
05-26-2005, 12:56 PM
Yes. I have never been in a grocery store, Wal-Mart, Target, or drugstore that did not sell them.

If you buy the Neutrogena, be warned it turns your skin a ghost white (it is a thick, white cream) until it is fully dry. Assuming your skin is dry, it will dry in a few minutes and your normal skin color will reappear.

imported_themightytimmah
05-28-2005, 08:32 PM
I forgot what brand I usually use, but its pretty much anything in the pump spray. I HATE the thick white gels with a passion (bad memories from childhood, don`t ask).

Actually, now that I think of it, its Banana Boat. Its probably not the best stuff money can buy, but hey, I havent gotten melanoma yet :). (its probably not good to joke about that).

ScubaStevo
05-28-2005, 08:35 PM
I burnt like crazy today. Gotta love the first opening of the backyard pool. :)

imported_Sullybob
05-28-2005, 10:07 PM
I don`t have a favorite. But after today I should :o I have got the most funky farmers tan you have ever seen! I was wearing a tank top and I had my MP3 player strapped to my left arm:chuckle:

Its just awful. Slathering on the Aloe Vera all night!

TW85 HHI
05-28-2005, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Sullybob

I was wearing a tank top and I had my MP3 player strapped to my left arm:chuckle:

:har:

medic159
05-29-2005, 05:11 AM
I burn so easily that just reading this thread made me blister! Or, as Woody Allen once said, "I don`t tan, I stroke!"

Coopertone has a new block out called Spectra3. It is an SPF 50, non greasy waterproof that has almost no scent to it at all. It absorbs instantly and most importantly, doesn`t get in my eyes when I sweat!

I also carry a bottle of their spray on block for occasional use during the day.

Four car shows this year so far, score... Sun 0, Me 4

STBear
05-29-2005, 07:17 AM
I use Bull Frog Quick Dry Gel SPF36. Very little smell and doesn`t feel greasy.

zippymbr
05-29-2005, 01:56 PM
Ditto on the Bull Frog Quick Jell. Quick to dry on greasy feel, great all day protection. This from a fair skined Scotts/Irish man.