PDA

View Full Version : Zaino & AIO together??

rlirwin
05-26-2005, 07:28 AM
I’m new to detailing and recently got my set of Zaino products. Before I used them on my BMW, I thought I’d try them on the Wife’s station wagon. I washed it, clayed it, quick detailed it. Then I decided to use some AIO that I had left over to clean the paint. I followed this with the Z-2. The paint looked better than when we bought the car ten years ago. This weekend I’m detailing the BMW. Is using AIO as a base coat for the Zaino really a good thing to do? The folks at Zaino say no, but they’re biased. Anyone try this with good results over time?

sQuashed
05-26-2005, 07:35 AM
AIO is a wonderful base for Z. (as you seen on the wife`s car)

SK2003TypeS
05-26-2005, 08:15 AM
AIO and Z is a pretty common combo here. I recall a lot of buzz around here about the middle of last year (not sure though). I`ve been pretty happy with that combo. I did this last October and it held up well through the winter. 6 months of great overall protection and looks. :cool:

Mochamanz1
05-26-2005, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by rlirwin

I’m new to detailing and recently got my set of Zaino products. Before I used them on my BMW, I thought I’d try them on the Wife’s station wagon. I washed it, clayed it, quick detailed it. Then I decided to use some AIO that I had left over to clean the paint. I followed this with the Z-2. The paint looked better than when we bought the car ten years ago. This weekend I’m detailing the BMW. Is using AIO as a base coat for the Zaino really a good thing to do? The folks at Zaino say no, but they’re biased. Anyone try this with good results over time?

Zaino can be applied over clean polished paint, or over AIO, if you opt out of machine polishing.... If you do use the Zaino over bare paint, make sure you go to the Zaino site and follow those directions for the process. Both ways rock !:xyxthumbs