PDA

View Full Version : 2x glaze before sale?

imported_animes2k
05-25-2005, 07:26 PM
I`m planning on prepping a friend`s car for sale. She`s moving out of the country and needs to sell it quickly, so she`s planning on taking it over to Carmax and take whatever they offer.

So, I`m planning on giving it a good cleanup, but was wondering to what level I should bother cleaning it and if I might double up a coat of #7 right before she heads over to sell it... just to make it look that much better :)

Thanks for any thoughts.

Mochamanz1
05-25-2005, 07:32 PM
-Clean it like you are looking to buy it...;)

atticdog
05-25-2005, 07:32 PM
maybe some #80 #7 and nxt

should hide alot and look real nice

might make it worth alittle more for her

Thomas Dekany
05-25-2005, 07:33 PM
I`d pay special attention to the inside.

Exterior would get an AIO type product.

Scottwax
05-25-2005, 08:01 PM
Just make it look decently clean. Car Max will turn their detailing trolls on it anyway. One step it and vacuum and wipe down the interior. Seriously. If she wanted to sell it privately then go all out.

imported_animes2k
05-25-2005, 08:42 PM
Good point, Scott - I thought they might do just that, so I didn`t want to spend too much time on it, just wanted to make it LOOK better than it actually was under those harsh high-power halogens they have in their inspection bay :)

I haven`t gotten a look at the car yet, but I know it`s going to need a some PDR before I start, then I`m thinking maybe 80 + AIO + some sort of good hiding product/wax or (as I`ve seen suggested around here for shows) a couple coats of glaze.

For the interior, I don`t anticipate anything fantastic, just a good overall cleaning.

Thanks for everyone`s input. Any more suggestions more than welcome.

94BlkStang
05-25-2005, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

Just make it look decently clean. Car Max will turn their detailing trolls on it anyway. One step it and vacuum and wipe down the interior. Seriously. If she wanted to sell it privately then go all out.

Exactly. They`ll look at the book and discount from there and hardly lift an eye at the car. Private party sale, go all out. It would bring more money. Good advice Scottwax.:)

Lowejackson
05-26-2005, 04:09 AM
I would use a heavy glaze such as One Grand & Blitz

detailthis
05-26-2005, 08:20 AM
I do alot of work for some Auto brokers, and they wouldn`t know the difference if I a 3 step job or just sealed it {unless the paint was pretty horrible}. But if I ever missed anything in the interior they let me have it. Anyways...What i`m trying to say is, whether they plan on selling it wholesale or retail, a like new interior is what get`s them more $$$ for a vehicle.

imported_animes2k
05-26-2005, 09:26 AM
Thanks for the input. I`ll give the exterior a once-over and the interior a twice over :)

Maknmony
05-26-2005, 03:16 PM
What year and make/model car is she selling? Make this car look the best that you can, they will pick it apart when she takes it over. 1 Ash mark, write off $75.00, now thats lame. My father bought a 1998 Toyota from a Toyota dealer, it was a demo, it came with the Burn mark already in it, they tried to tell him they had to deduct the $75.00 for the mark. The car was in better shape when he decided to trade it in then when he bought it, Same dealer by the way, just 2 years later.

Good luck,

Sellncars