PDA

View Full Version : Product Broken down?

imported_plazaman
05-25-2005, 06:36 PM
I keep hearing that you need to let polishes break down completely. How do you know when its completely broken down? When it start to dust?

Im Using SSR 1,2, and 2.5 , AIO, EX-P

416 Auto
05-25-2005, 08:11 PM
When I used those products (Poor Boys) I found that they broke down just before the dust up. When that oily look fads and just before it dries up. As far a AIO (even though I don`t like it) I put it on a panel and take it off when it`s still oily. EX-P I havn`t used.

Clinton

Scottwax
05-25-2005, 08:22 PM
Most polishes clear out and some also dust up.

imported_Burlyq
05-25-2005, 08:23 PM
Do a search there are some great links that show the process of polishing breaking down. For the most part if the residue is hard to remove, it hasn`t broken down yet.

http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47421

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47155

imported_plazaman
06-17-2005, 07:06 PM
From your Experience with SSR 2.5, does it clear out or dust with the PC?

I read the link Burlq posted, 1 question. is the product supposed to be applied so thick? if so, what speed should i use to spread the product? i know i should be polishing at 5-5.5

scottabir
06-17-2005, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by plazaman

From your Experience with SSR 2.5, does it clear out or dust with the PC?

I read the link Burlq posted, 1 question. is the product supposed to be applied so thick? if so, what speed should i use to spread the product? i know i should be polishing at 5-5.5

screw it polish on 6!!

When I used the PC I usually only used maybe three dime sized spots on the pad after a little priming of the pad. I find that it takes way to long to polish and break down the polishes when using a lot of product.

Gen2
06-17-2005, 07:39 PM
Sorry just to side track a little, for those who have used PO85RD do you have to work until the product almost clear out for the product to break down ? Yesterday I had a chance to work with PO85RD and I find it takes a longer time to clear out as compare to other polish like IP and #80. I also find it is more difficult to wipe off the residue of PO85RD, is that normal ?

imported_plazaman
06-17-2005, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by scottabir

screw it polish on 6!!

When I used the PC I usually only used maybe three dime sized spots on the pad after a little priming of the pad. I find that it takes way to long to polish and break down the polishes when using a lot of product.

So three dime sized spots on the pad is the ldeal amount of product that should be used on a primed pad? (if i wanted to use this on my 03 dakota hood) Im trying to figure out how much product exactly i should be using.

or is it 3 dime sized spots per work area, lets say 2`x2` sections or like an entire panel

scottabir
06-17-2005, 07:57 PM
That amount works for me. You may need a little more :nixweiss. That is also doing a 1`x1" square section too maybe a little bigger. I do not like to use a lot of polish with the PC it takes to darn long to break all the abrasives down.