PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on my product lineup / proposal

dalepearson
05-25-2005, 06:43 AM
Hiya Guys.

I have just got my PC and some SONUS pads. Next week I plan to have the week off and give my car its annual mega clean, wheels off the lot, and use my PC.

So here is my current method and products:

Megs Gold Class Shampoo - Weekly Clean

Megs Stage 1 Polish - Used once after claying

Megs Clay Bar - Used once to ensure paint remains tip top

Megs Gold Class Liquid Clear Coat Wax - Monthly

Auto Glym Metal Cleaner - Monthly on exhaust tip

Auto Glym Engine Cleaner - Never used on new car

Turtle Wax Tyre Black - As needed

I am more than happy with the results I get with these products by hand, obviously I will still use some of these products in the future, but plan to use the following with my PC (Note my car is in A1 condition and a year old, so scratches etc as expected as a daily driver)

Megs #80 Speed Glaze - Once / Twice a year to keep paint tip top. Want to use a very light polish, with minimal paint removal as currently no defects to fix. Maybe PB SSR2 or something in the future if needed.

Klasse All-In-One - Once / Twice a year to seal in the #80

P21s Carnauba Paste Wax - Deep shine and pop (Maybe Megs #16 also considered.

Goal :

To maintain the better than new look and feel of the car, and to give a deeper wet look with extra pop if possible on the colour of my car. (Pics Attached)

Thanks in advance for your comments and recomendations. (Based in the UK, so hope to use products readly available here)

http://www.blackpole.eclipse.co.uk/LCR/lcr-front.jpg

http://www.blackpole.eclipse.co.uk/LCR/lcr-rear.jpg

badgera
05-25-2005, 08:32 AM
Dale,

I have the same issue. Until finding this site I`ve just been using Meg`s Stage 1 and 2 (and Clay) followed by Gold Class Wax. They results are nice but I am wondering if I can get it better..

Here`s my present work....

http://www.tyresmoke.net/attachments/221469-Gold%20Class.jpg

So far I have been considering the SSR range, with maybe some EX-P and then P21 or similar on top...

Andrew

drewski59
05-25-2005, 08:51 AM
Welcome to Autopia!:wavey

Anyways, the product lineup you have will work OKAY, but there`s a lot of better products out there, if you`re willing to invest in them.

As badgera said, the SSR polishes are excellent choices, as are EX-P and s100.

On your car, these would definitely make the paint look "tip top".;)

A sealant would afford you better and longer lasting protection than a carnauba or Gold Class. A simple coat of Zaino or EX-P(you would probably want to layer them) would leave your car sparkling and protected for at least 6 months.

Good luck!:xyxthumbs

Wasatch
05-25-2005, 09:39 AM
Try the PBs SSR line, way more user friendly than the Meg`s stuff in my book.

Lowejackson
05-25-2005, 10:04 AM
I would start with something like #80, Sonus SFX2 SSR2 etc and then evaluate. Klasse is a very good option but dont overlook Autoglym.

The engine cleaner also works well on the wheel wells

dalepearson
05-25-2005, 11:07 AM
I dont think I need the SSR products, as I am not looking for anything abrasive as my paint doesnt need it. #80 seems to fit the bill. Then DaveB also says the Klasse All-in-one is a sealer product he has been using for years and cant be beaten so must be good, I guess the PB EX-P would be an alternative to this.. Then a good wax to get that deep pop.S100 and P21s are the same product or something arnt they?

Richt
05-25-2005, 11:28 AM
I am planning to use #80 on the clio and take it from there, a few dealer inflicted marks, if needed then grab some SSr 2 or 2.5.

Like you dont want to go to abrassive.

I like you above route #80, AIO, EX-p, then wax.

I plan to do, #80, Carlack 68 or AG Srp, Clearkote Yellow Cream, Wolfgang or EX, then Souveran.

Scottwax
05-25-2005, 11:36 AM
#80, Clearkote`s Red Machine Glaze topped with Carnauba Moose would also look excellent on that color.

515colfelt
05-25-2005, 01:07 PM
Wolfgang could be a good option if you want the wet look from a sealant, and then maybe Signature - this looks good on Thunder Grey.

Peter

dalepearson
05-31-2005, 02:21 AM
Thanks for the input guys. I have ordered the following, so this is my plan :)

#80 or PS SSR1

AIO

SG

P21s or #16

Should give me what I am looking for.