PDA

View Full Version : California Car Duster Question

jw
05-24-2005, 11:19 PM
I`ve only used my duster when the car`s been in the garage for a couple of days. My question is, am I ok to use it if it`s been parked outside for the day. We`ve been having a lot of pollen lately and I`d hate to scratch the paint. Am I okay to use the duster once the car has cooled down or do i just need to wait and wash it?

Thanks

Hemi57
05-25-2005, 12:11 AM
jw, good question. I bought a California duster myself a couple of weeks back but haven`t used it yet.

I hope you get some good feedback on this.

imported_CBX Carl
05-25-2005, 08:34 AM
I use it on pollen with no ill effects. Just remember to "glide" it across the surface.

imported_animes2k
05-25-2005, 08:43 AM
Sure, I`ve got a silver car, but I`ve been using the same duster for a few YEARS now and haven`t had a problem using it on my pollen or road-dust riddled car. Works GREAT on black convertible tops :)

TN9thSi
05-25-2005, 08:58 AM
Also, be sure the car is cool to the touch before CCD`ing. If it`s parked in direct sunlight and hot to the touch, you can easily get swirl marks in the paint if you`re not careful.

STBear
05-25-2005, 09:06 AM
Mine works good on pollen. just don`t use it if the pollen is stuck on after a rain or dew.

imported_animes2k
05-25-2005, 09:20 AM
STBear: good point - I`ve found that if you keep it dusted before a rain or dew, the pollen tends not to stick and the car ends up cleaner when it dries. This assumes a good coat of non-dust-collecting wax.

Also, I use it any time I plan on doing a quick detail - less grime and grit for any sort of QD to pick up.

ttapin
05-25-2005, 11:57 AM
I have been using a CCD for many years and find they are great for pollen and light road dust. I just brush it off with my hand after use and shake it out. I have the old red colored one but now I`m seeing gray colored CCD`s on the market. As stated previously once moisture hits its time to wash. ;)

Cloud99Lxi

Lou Goetz