PDA

View Full Version : Guess it wasn`t a "Touchless" wash...

Bearclaw
05-24-2005, 07:24 PM
Howdy:

I`m a driveway detailer on my own cars, and a Zaino fan. I just inherited an older Saab (`86), clearcoated Rose Quartz met., which the PO had obviously taken through MANY automated car washes. The sides and roof aren`t too bad, but the hood has a lot of parallel scratches in the clear (may even be from scraping snow & ice off the hood, I`ve never seen this effect quite this bad). Hood also has little darker stains, like from willow leaves faintly etched on it. I worked a small section by hand with 3M Swirl Remover, that helped but it needs something more. I have a PC (just got it), and am looking for advice on a good product to try for this. Any advice?

imported_themightytimmah
05-24-2005, 07:39 PM
Poorboy`s World SSR2.5 does wonders on that. Another champ is Optimum Car Polish, it will work out tougher stuff then SSR2.5, but you will want to follow it with a finishing polish. Personally, for PC use, I`d go Poorboy`s SSR2.5 via orange (light cut) pad, then Poorboy`s SSR1 via polishing pad. Poorboy`s polishes are filler free, so you should be able to follow them up with Zaino without needing to prepsol/dawn wash.

Meguiars makes some nice polishes too, but they don`t play too well with Zaino.

holland_patrick
05-24-2005, 07:48 PM
the best bang for the buck is the BIG O just step down your pads and keep using the same polish and you be happy plus it`s half the price.

Accumulator
05-24-2005, 08:08 PM
Bearclaw- Welcome to Autopia!

My go-to products are from the 3m PI-III line- their RC (05933) and MG (05937). These have been recently discontinued but are still commonly available. Their replacements, the PI-3000 line, should work fine too.