PDA

View Full Version : Carnauba or Acrylic Quick Detailer?

bbradyc5
05-24-2005, 05:39 PM
If I am using P21S on top of Klasse Sealnt Glaze should I use a carnauba or acrylic quick detail spray for upkeep. I am not sure if it matters, but it is a daily driver. Any help is appreciated!

chml17l
05-24-2005, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by bbradyc5

If I am using P21S on top of Klasse Sealnt Glaze should I use a carnauba or acrylic quick detail spray for upkeep. I am not sure if it matters, but it is a daily driver. Any help is appreciated!

If you want to extend the life of the P21S top coat, a carnauba quick detail spray is the way to go. An acrylic detail spray would not bond to the carnuba wax surface and you would probably cause streaking and durability issues.

My favorite nuba spray wax is the Optimum Spray Wax. It applies more like a QD than a spray wax and will last much longer than a typical spray wax, too.:xyxthumbs

imported_themightytimmah
05-24-2005, 06:53 PM
OSW = a champ. Its like a QD on steriods, if you use it every other week or so, you wont have to rewax all summer. Its what WAUD should have been.

For QD`s, I`ve been fine using Poorboy`s Spray+Gloss (not carnuba) over carnubas. Everyones got their own pick though, if you want to go carnuba you can`t go wrong with Pinnacle Crystal Mist (pricey though).

ntoddalbert
05-24-2005, 07:32 PM
E1 is a great QD on s100.

I love Megs final detail as well, nothing gives the glow that Findal Detail gives, nothing even close. At 15 bucks a gallon its a great deal too

Mochamanz1
05-24-2005, 08:05 PM
Sonus has an excellent Carnauba Spritz formulated especially for waxed surfaces. It is good stuff ! The Autopia Store carries it.