PDA

View Full Version : What pads are these?

JustinR32
05-23-2005, 08:03 PM
And what are the grades (cutting, polishing, etc) of each color?

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/4/web/220000-220999/220856_216_full.jpg

Thanks,

Tom

White95Max
05-23-2005, 08:05 PM
yellow - cutting

blue - light polishing

black - finishing

and the other one says "polishing" on it, so I`ll say it`s a polishing pad. :)

boosteddsm
05-23-2005, 08:14 PM
Yep, and they`re Propel pads

Tasty
05-23-2005, 08:26 PM
Yep, Propel. The scale from most aggressive to least aggressive would be: yellow, green, blue, black.

J.J.
05-23-2005, 09:08 PM
Are propel pads and Sonus pads the same, and if so, are the color arrangements different than LC pads. I think the LC orange is the most aggressive where as the Sonus yellow is most aggressive. Is this true?

JJ

White95Max
05-23-2005, 09:35 PM
The Propel pads are identical to the Sonus DAS pads I think.

The Propel orange is the most aggressive, followed by the yellow, green, blue, and black.

JasonD
05-23-2005, 09:48 PM
I have no idea if the Propel and Sonus pads are the *same* but they look very close to each other.

These pads are made by Propel because the Sonus DAS pads don`t come in yellow or grey (not anymore anyway), only blue, green, and orange.

The Propel pad order is as follows:

Grey - Level 0

Blue - Level 1

Green - Level 2

Yellow - Level 3

Orange - Level 4 (most aggressive)

As far as the color differential, most are different so be careful. In this case, they are actually the same but only in this case.

LC DA pads come in grey, white, and orange (correct order of aggressiveness by the way).

Alfisti
05-23-2005, 10:14 PM
Most pad makers we`ve been use to follow the rule-of-thumb that yellow is most aggressive and orange less so.

With Propel, its the other way around...it took me a while to get my head around it. :o

JustinR32
05-23-2005, 10:55 PM
Yeah, the color thing is why I try to stick to Meguiar`s pads; not because I think they`re the best, but because I can look at one and know what it is. I ran into this when I was organizing my new stacks. (http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=56617) I have all these pads I`ve picked up, CMA, and Edge, and Bronco, and DAS and SFX, and Propel, and Detailer`s Pride, and some that I don`t know what, and I`m trying to guess the relative purpose of each. Finishing and Cutting are pretty easy, but DAS have blue finishing, and black for applying waxes those may be disco`d, but I still have three of them) . I tossed both colors into the "finishing" bin. Likewise with the grey and blue and green and yellow Propels. That`s the same order as the Cyclo pads I have too, btw. I`ll probably make up a chart and tape it to each box.

Tom

J.J.
05-24-2005, 11:29 AM
Well, when I bought my pad kit, I bought afew extras too. I ended up with 3 greens (which is great), 2 orange (which I now know is the most aggressive- not cool), 1 yellow SFX pad (not sure where this one ranks but I thought it was the most aggressive), and 2 blue (which is great), but I need a couple gray too. MOsca, do you want to sell any gray pads cheap?

JJ