PDA

View Full Version : Toyota Siena 2002 - No swirls

imported_pdsterns
05-23-2005, 02:49 PM
Washed my son`s Silver metallic Siena (25k miles) yesterday, this is the first time it has ever been hand washed except by the dealer at maintainence time. He says it has not been thru a car wash either. Anyway, no swirls no cobwebs. How can that be, it`s 3 years old, never cared for and its perfect. I could not find one line on it.

Lowejackson
05-23-2005, 02:57 PM
It can be difficult to see swirls in a silver car, depending on the shade of silver. Try a halogen light

imported_pdsterns
05-23-2005, 03:04 PM
So you don`t think it is anything special with Toyota clear? or the silver. My 2003 Element is silver metallic too and you can`t see any swirls or cobwebs in it either. I never buffed it, I`ve been careful washing it and drying but I am not that good. I`ve only used direct sunlight to examine it.

White95Max
05-23-2005, 03:21 PM
I`d be willing to bet both vehicles have some swirling that you just aren`t seeing. It takes a huge amount of care to keep a car completely swirl-free. White and silver are very good at hiding swirls, so you really have to look hard, and have the appropriate lighting.

raymond_ho2002
05-23-2005, 04:00 PM
If it were me, I`d just be happy with how it is instead of blinding myself with superbright bulbs looking for defects to fix. :)

My g/f has a dark grey scion, and after 8 months of weekly qew washing and bimonthly waxing, i`m surprised by the minimal swirling. Of course I can see a few lines here and there, but I dont like staring at reflections of sunlight for too long.

CarsFreak
05-26-2005, 02:18 PM
I look at my light blue car under direct sun with a dark pair of sun glasses. See every imperfection.

And it`s Sienna...