PDA

View Full Version : RMG contain cleaners?

scooch
05-23-2005, 11:35 AM
As title says does Red Machine Glaze contain any cleaners? If not could it be used after AIO and before SG to add depth without any SG bonding issues? If it does would it remove AIO if used after?

a.k.a. Patrick
05-23-2005, 01:07 PM
Yes it does, it also contains a very small amount of abrasives which was news to me, but clarified while on the phone with Everette this past weekend. I wouldnt recommend using it prior to using SG though, You could probably get away with it but would more than likely suffer durability. It may also impede AIO`s durability. (It may remove some of it)

imported_DetailGirl
05-23-2005, 01:16 PM
So what is the poing of using VM before it then, wont it remove it?

Accumulator
05-23-2005, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by a.k.a. Patrick

Yes it does, it also contains a very small amount of abrasives...

Do you think this is another case of a product containing "abrasives" but still being *functionally* nonabrasive?

III
05-25-2005, 07:18 PM
Questions, questions. How about this one:

Does RMG have more cleaners than VM?

Scottwax
05-25-2005, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Accumulator

Do you think this is another case of a product containing "abrasives" but still being *functionally* nonabrasive?

Possibly. I think most of the `oomph` you get from RMG is a function of the pad more than any very light abrasives RMG has.

a.k.a. Patrick
05-25-2005, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by III

Questions, questions. How about this one:

Does RMG have more cleaners than VM?

Not in my opinion John.....RMG`s are not even noticeable in my book......

III
05-26-2005, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by DetailGirl

So what is the poing of using VM before it then, wont it remove it?

As noted by a fellow autopian, RMG will probably remove what little wax VM has in it, but will leave the finish darker and deeper. This isn`t a big deal (rmg removing vm`s protective ability) as I would follow up with CMW anyhow.

SVR
05-27-2005, 04:40 PM
Last night after menzerna IP, FPII and sonus 3 with rotary and edge 2000 pads I did the clearkote treble, VM, RMG, Yellow creme wax.

Did this on the hood of my car. Results are awesome but I wish I had the menz po85RD3.01 and RD polishes as I probably would have got even better results.

Hopefully mizzuri will have them in stock in a week or so.

I did the clearkote treble as I read on here that one member uses it in that order and gets great results

Whenever using AIO, I have used VM afterwards.

My question is when using rotary, what is the best way to apply it. Do you put four or five dabs of product onto pad and spread it, do a 6 inch line like menzerna and then do the right to left angled start at very low speed to stop sling (thanks for the tip mizzuri), apply a circular line of product around the outside edge of the pad or is there another way.

I want to use as little product as possible of course to prevent sling and pad clogging.

By the way I sealed the hood with Menz FMJ, Plan on two coats of that, 1 x UPP, 1 x wolfgang and a couple of P21s

Alot I know that 6 - 7 layers is my usual amount of coats

1andrews
07-12-2005, 09:31 AM
Is RMG a strong enough cleaner to be used as a 1 step prep on a good condition vehicle?