PDA

View Full Version : plastic/vinyl dressings

bigsled
05-23-2005, 08:19 AM
just wondering , i tried armor all and also mothers back to black, on door handles and bug shield but when it rained both just ran right down the side of vehicle. i think the armor all holds up better on the tires during a rain than on the door handles etc ??, anybody know of a dressing that dosent run so bad during a rain?? plus wouldnt the dressing running down the paint be bad for the paint ?? :nixweiss thanks..

TW85 HHI
05-23-2005, 10:22 AM
Any paint cleaner and sealant/paste wax/liquid wax that do not stain trim will work will work far better than a trim dressing. Products that do not stain include AIO, UPC, VM, YCW, CMW, Paste Glaz, Souveran, SG, UPP, and Wolfgang DGS.

imported_Blake
05-23-2005, 10:26 AM
If it is grained plastic or vinyl I find Poorboys Trim Restorer works very well. Meg`s # 38 would probably do a good job also but it is not available in Canada so.................

Alfisti
05-23-2005, 12:09 PM
bigsled, I know that B2B and many other trim dressings require that you allow sufficient time to dry, then buff off excess, otherwise they will streak or `run`.

Also, with B2B, you need to work it in a bit and allow about 30 mins before buffing off excess. I had this problem initially before I was advised of the correct procedure. :xyxthumbs