PDA

View Full Version : RX please

Dylansdad
05-23-2005, 06:18 AM
I finally am going to be able to do a full detail on one of my regular wash and clean customers. It is a red Durango and I must admit i(we) keep it looking very good. It has some basic swirls, etc., so I thought I would go with a good wash, clay, try some #80 with a polish pad/PC, then go AIO with a polish pad and do some #16 by hand to top it off........sound OK with you ?? She also has some very small black marks on the grain of the light grey leather seats that she says is ink off of some papers from work........what to try to remove that with??

Thanks......

Accumulator
05-23-2005, 11:16 AM
For the interior, just remember to stary mild, like a regular interior cleaner (I used Griot`s) before you use something that might bleach/otherwise mess up the leater.

I`d just put the #16 over the #80. I`d worry that the AIO will remove the oils/fillers that the #80 leaves, making marring "reappear". #16 over #80 works fine with nothing in between (it`s what I used on the black rent-a-Suburban).

Dylansdad
05-23-2005, 11:39 AM
Should I just use the AIO first.......or should I just drop the AIO from the process all together? I just really love how it look on red and black vehicles !! I was gonna use the #80 to help out some minor swirling and to polish with......

a.k.a. Patrick
05-23-2005, 01:04 PM
#80, straight to your sealant/wax......After you have gotten the swirls out, you can use AIO just to clean as a maintenance tool, then protect with 16.